Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

I am doing my second run now on imposible dificulty and i am still impressed with the paladin. I dont think i could have done so go with any of the other classes.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralkill View Post
I am doing my second run now on imposible dificulty and i am still impressed with the paladin. I dont think i could have done so go with any of the other classes.
I'm no expert in the game but having played a Paladin to lvl 25 so far on normal and gone a little way with a mage and a warrior I'd also say that Paladin strikes an excellent line between a mage and a warrior. It seems I'm getting the very best from both worlds while giving up very little.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Yep I agree, and his special skill #2 that can transform 30 mind runes into 30 of both might and mind is giving him the secret advantage in skilling himself. Still for Impossible I ended with Warrior ... not that I would stop trusting Paladin... even I don't use his IRON FIST skill at all... but just a fell for hack and slash ... but PALADIN was the master of disaster, absolutely.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Cool

To me the Pal is the weakest!
Mag has the greatest tactical flexibilty!
Warrior is ok!
The pal has no real special ability (like the other 2) and the biggest advantage he has is resurection ( of course this is big in the beggnin of the game at a higher dif. level. )so Meh!
The warrior gets extrarage = higher crit. chance something that afects all youre troops all the time, with the mage i can use what ever i want for 3 turns !
The pall is not thee best of bouth but the losser of all!
If u are luky and find resurection spell with the other clases early the pals adv. is gone!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Approved Member

I wouldn't discount the Paladin. He's excellant at knocking off undead and demons because of Holy Avenger. Plus Runic Armor is a fantastic skill. 30 mind runes gets you 30 might and 30 magic. Great trade off if you ask me. At level 26, I have enough magic to cast my level 3 order and distortion spells and enough rage to attack every round. Kind of sucks that I upgraded the percentage of Drain Soul so now that it costs 45 rage, but it's quite handy when facing down hundreds of knights.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

I'm not too fond of the Paladin. Even when I maxed out the skill that trades mind runes for might and magic runes I still had way more mind runes than I needed.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

I think the Paladin is a great all rounder and if you develope him that way he really stands out.

The magic tree esp Order magic eats lots of mind runes and even as a mage I find most magic skills require a few mind runes.

As a paladin, go for demonic tolerance (Demonesses + Angra's ring = cheese) and you shouldn't have too many lying around.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

I am playing as a Mage now and I am REALLY missing those Mind runes the Paladin gets. He's a great all rounder. Many of the upgrades in the Mind tree are essential IMO - Scouting, Glory, and Trading, to name a few.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

I love the Paladin so far, just got the game couple of days ago, level 8 so far in normal mode and i have over 4K leadership already. i got a nice helmet from the Staff of Destruction quest in the tower, it gives +400 leadership, was an epic battle for level 8!

I'm being very careful with what skills i spend my runes on. For starters i'm going down the left tree in Might to get 'Tactics', the left tree in Mind to get 'Runic Stone', and in Magic in both trees half way to get Order Magic, Distortion Magic & Meditation, seems to be a great mage-rage combo
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
I love the Paladin so far, just got the game couple of days ago, level 8 so far in normal mode and i have over 4K leadership already. i got a nice helmet from the Staff of Destruction quest in the tower, it gives +400 leadership, was an epic battle for level 8!

I'm being very careful with what skills i spend my runes on. For starters i'm going down the left tree in Might to get 'Tactics', the left tree in Mind to get 'Runic Stone', and in Magic in both trees half way to get Order Magic, Distortion Magic & Meditation, seems to be a great mage-rage combo
well, on normal settings u should be ok, since later on u can actually buy runes for 100,000GP each (after u free the dwarf king son he give su the option to buy runes for cash), and on normal settings u have more than enough cash .

Last edited by Spiralkill; 10-10-2008 at 01:39 AM.