Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Nice!

Hopefully this classic Merlin flyby sound will replace the current diesel trucks that our Spits and Hurries sound like in Cliffs of Dover. Perhaps Black6 can forward this to Luthier with a note saying, simply, "Like THIS, Ilya!!!!"
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

About the 109 chasing the I-16:

Everyone, not just "a few idiots", makes mistakes. Erich Hartmann, when not so experienced in the air, did, too. The 109 pilot in the story, however, did not survive his mistake.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Sore throat perhaps.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

S!

About history..everyone writes their own But it is true that the Russian official history sadly STILL follows this strange agenda that an armless and legless guy half blind plane on fire without ammo shot down half of the Luftwaffe by shouting for Motherland and Stalin..I think the veterans do not approve all this from neither side.

A great example of Russian WW2 history are the claims of shot down Finnish airplanes during Winter War 1930-1940 lasting 105 days. VVS claimed over 440 planes being shot down. If this was the case our air force would have been decimated up to present day..go figure. Another goes for a guards regiment claiming 5 Messers shot down over Finnish Gulf when these planes just broke off in a dive because fuel was low. Dates and places match when comparing and the Finnish radio monitoring heard the message from the Russian pilot stating it.

Anyways..war ended LONG time ago and those men who were there are soon all gone. We would respect them more by remembering THEM instead the war. Those men gave their youth to war and rebuilding after it. We have it easy. I think they appreciate more that they are remembered and respected than the everlasting nitpicking of the war itself.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

S!

They would just need to travel to Duxford during summer to get the sounds. And I am more than confident that the Duxford crew would be more than helpfull if told why the recording is needed
Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

It's so weird how something like that can stir up so much emotion but it did give me goosebumps!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
About history..everyone writes their own But it is true that the Russian official history sadly STILL follows this strange agenda that an armless and legless guy half blind plane on fire without ammo shot down half of the Luftwaffe by shouting for Motherland and Stalin..I think the veterans do not approve all this from neither side.
I do not think we have any official history now. Every author has his own view depending on how he interprets old data. Especially in the field of aviation there were almost no historical research in the recent 25 years. Sadly government does not finance it.

Speaking of war and post war time this agenda was present on both sides because it was not a subject of history but subject of propaganda, Stalin's or Goebbels' - no much difference. Same that CNN does nowadays
Old 02-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Remember 2008 year, when western mass media footage showing "the destructions from the invasion" of Russians to Georgia. I'm in russia and my friends in france watched different scenes from tv. Is it no propaganda?
So it was and will always.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informa...h_Ossetian_war
Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

super sexy Hurr IIc.... my fav hurri
Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

S!

Ataros, good point. I believe that with time things will change. A generation or two does not wipe off the results of a totalitarian regime. Not in Russia, not anywhere. And I think a saying from a veteran describes it well: The difference between nazis and communists was the flag. Both reigned with fear and terror. And if you look at the sentence it makes it perfectly clear, both regimes used camps, had extreme control of people via police etc. and only the elite of the regime had it well while rest of people were mostly as before. But anyways..sorry for derailing the thread and intention is not to flame anyone or any nation.