Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Default Something I've been wondering

Hey all!
As the title says, I've been wondering on something for a loooooong looooooong time. (Well atleast since the release of the game). Why can I NOT see what skillpoints does? I can only see their names, like "glorious warlord" and "tax collector" and so on.. But nothing shows what they affect? What they improve?
When holding mouse cursor over them, nothing happens. Is this just for me, or does other share my "problem"?

Regards
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

To me they appears, anyway in the manual you find a description of them
Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
To me they appears, anyway in the manual you find a description of them
Strange. Hmm...
However, I cant find the manual anywhere. Any idea where it might be ?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

The problem is aswell, I cannot see what units costs (Just on an average after having bought them, checking the treasury). I cant see any costs or anything, only at the marketplace it works.. It's kind of annoying buying without knowing the cost, and suddenly the treasury is down on 0.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Here.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare View Post
The problem is aswell, I cannot see what units costs (Just on an average after having bought them, checking the treasury). I cant see any costs or anything, only at the marketplace it works.. It's kind of annoying buying without knowing the cost, and suddenly the treasury is down on 0.
When you hover mouse over a unit you don't get pop-up info with stats and costs?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
When you hover mouse over a unit you don't get pop-up info with stats and costs?
Hmm.. Now I understand. I checked options. The "Show hints" button was unchecked, and when I tried now, it worked. Much better. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Another thing that annoys me, is that there is barely any sound. I've checked the very nice soundtracks you've made, and there are plenty of them. But well playing, I dont hear any. I get as most about 1 soundtrack / battle (and they just last for about a minute)... I cant understand why.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

is strange the soundtrack is called by the scripts following the situation of battles.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare View Post
Another thing that annoys me, is that there is barely any sound. I've checked the very nice soundtracks you've made, and there are plenty of them. But well playing, I dont hear any. I get as most about 1 soundtrack / battle (and they just last for about a minute)... I cant understand why.
I have very similar issue too. My sound card is old (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 from 2002) and it has problems with playing mono sound effects (soldiers marching, fighting, etc.). It's strange because sounds in all other games are ok and when I play all those sounds in Winamp I can hear them nice and clear. Due to the old age of my card it's hard to blame the devs.
The effect of this issue is that all sounds stop playing at all after a short time of a battle. I've found two semi solutions. 1st - disabling effects sounds in options. That cuts the effects sounds but all other are audible. 2nd - converting all mono sounds to stereo ones. Disadvantage of this solution is that you stop to hear if a sound come from left or right side.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 12-04-2011 at 09:49 PM.