Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Royal Quest

Royal Quest New massively multiplayer online role-playing game from creators of Space Rangers and King's Bounty

Old 10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
I can't say that I was disappointed by your post, but in any case using such expressions is strictly prohibited here.
We do understand that the announcement of MMO may be very unexpected, but I'm sure that guys from Katauri will again create fantastic game which will attract even more players.
Ok, fair enough.

I hope you are right, but I doubt it will be a success in the US/Western Europe even if it is a good game. The MMO-market is oversaturated, and you need a big, big name in order to attract the crowds. Either that, or you need to use sleazy micropayment schemes, which are quite unethical in my view and it would be disappointing to see a respectable company go down that route.

Good luck, in any case. I doubt I'll be posting more on this, I'll be back when you announce Space Rangers 3 or King's Bounty 2. Or something else (as long as it's not an MMO).
Old 10-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

I find myself agreeing with Kolorabi, but at the same time, I'll admit Royal Quest has piqued my interest more than most. I like what I've experienced of Katauri, and I think 1C are a good publisher (If not underappreciated).
I do think a non-MMO title might be a preferable, but I'm going to keep my eye on it, and if it continues to look this pleasant in 2011-2012, I will consider picking it up.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

yeah, a little disappointed by this announcement aswell. I mean I remember all too well a juggernaut developer like nival going down in flames to MMOs. not that they've gone down in flames, but do I know what they're even doing these days? nope, no idea. I'll still give this royal quest a fair chance.

hopefully making a mmo doesn't mean katauri will be stuck doing this game from now until forever, although that's what making a mmo means from what I can tell. unless the mmo is extremely poorly received, no one plays it, and is shut down. and no one wants katauri's games to fail, but I don't think anyone wants to see katauri working on this forever either.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Although I dislike MMO games, I was interested in this because of who is developing it. But after looking at the combat screens, it looks like it won't be for me, I'm not interested in arcade combat.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
We will talk about this closer to release. I think there will be various solutions depending on the market. Try selling a p2p game in China
I agree with you on China thing
I just hope you will take many of f2p MMO debacles into consideration (Allods anyone?) because many of us cant afford to be invested in a MMO with uncertain financing/development.

Fancy graphic/story/mechanic means nothing when game is built around cache shop and pay-to-win PVP
Old 10-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

The game certainly looks very pretty from the few pictures so far.
I look forward to hearing more about further developments as time progresses.

Keep us posted!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

There going to be a lot of new stuff after Russian Game Exhibition Igromir (3-6 November).
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

ah ok igromir is next week. awesome

1C will announce or show other new games there for the first time aswell?

just saw the list of titles on 1c.ru. captain blood, mow assault squad, theatre of war korea, mow vietnam, 4x4 3 off road drive, real warfare 2, star wolves 3. I don't mean any of these, this is a list of well knowns

Last edited by Divebomb; 10-26-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Default Mmo?

When you say Royal Quest is an "MMO", do you mean the gameplay is similar to World of Warcraft or more like Diablo? The screenshots sort of indicate a hack and slash style game.

Also on the pay to play side of it; since you don't have a difinitive answer on that right now, can we take that to mean that you are not planning on making the game 100% free to play? I imagine if that were the case it would have been decided before development started.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkbot View Post
When you say Royal Quest is an "MMO", do you mean the gameplay is similar to World of Warcraft or more like Diablo? The screenshots sort of indicate a hack and slash style game.

Also on the pay to play side of it; since you don't have a difinitive answer on that right now, can we take that to mean that you are not planning on making the game 100% free to play? I imagine if that were the case it would have been decided before development started.
Royal Quest will have Diablo style gameplay. And about payment, it definitely won't be free .