Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralkill View Post
well, on normal settings u should be ok, since later on u can actually buy runes for 100,000GP each (after u free the dwarf king son he give su the option to buy runes for cash), and on normal settings u have more than enough cash .
To be honest, in all games with a proper build and tactics most people should have an abundance of gold irrespective of the difficulty level. No doubt you will have more gold on normal than on hard or impossible but nonetheless you should have some gold to purchase an odd crystal or rune near the end game to round off your character.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsai View Post
To be honest, in all games with a proper build and tactics most people should have an abundance of gold irrespective of the difficulty level. No doubt you will have more gold on normal than on hard or impossible but nonetheless you should have some gold to purchase an odd crystal or rune near the end game to round off your character.
True, Sandsai, but I had over 2 million at level 23 with my Impossible Mage, and only 500,000 at the same stage with the Impossible Warrior. This is partly because I'm better at the Mage, but IMO it is easier too.

To answer my own question of many weeks ago:

HELL YES I rate the Paladin. That Resurrect scroll is supremely important, as is the skill that gives you to the Might and Magic runes. One question: does the Paladin start with Lake Fairies/Sprites after the tutorial? Because if he does, he can stash them until he gets Sacrifice/Anga's Ruby. Then, let the destruction begin.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
True, Sandsai, but I had over 2 million at level 23 with my Impossible Mage, and only 500,000 at the same stage with the Impossible Warrior. This is partly because I'm better at the Mage, but IMO it is easier too.

HELL YES I rate the Paladin. That Resurrect scroll is supremely important, as is the skill that gives you to the Might and Magic runes. One question: does the Paladin start with Lake Fairies/Sprites after the tutorial? Because if he does, he can stash them until he gets Sacrifice/Anga's Ruby. Then, let the destruction begin.
Well, luck has a lot to do with it too. Early on my mage was struggling a bit as I couldn't find any good spells or artifacts to pump up my intellect. My warrior didn't have these issues and found just the rights units and artifacts at the right time, allowing me to have plenty of gold around. The war is a bit more luck based than the mage I suppose, then again maybe its just me.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Isn't this boring to play always with same strat?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Well, to me at least it would get dull. I like to change the composition of my army, including all sorts of creatures, even the suckier ones. Though the royal snakes seems to be a constant, I must confess!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Well, I don't play with the same strategy because each game throws up different possibilities. Yes, I do consider Lake Fairies/Sprites with Anga's Ruby to be about the most overpowered combo in the game, but my current game doesn't have any Hordes of either, so I have run out (yes, I could have used Sacrifice).

This time I got the Crown of Blackthorn for the first time, so I thought I'd try Dryads/Royal Thorns to test this out. You HAVE to play differently depending on the hand you are dealt, which is why I love this game so much.

I just wanted to try Lake Fairies/Sprites early in the game, like in Freedom Isles. I suspect they will dominate there.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You HAVE to play differently depending on the hand you are dealt, which is why I love this game so much.
Very well said.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Great answers guys.
But I thought I would be sick of this demo now, but no. I've still got to play the Paladin and Mage on hard, and make sure I kill that fricken dragon.
Why dont you get the full game loads better than the demo.