Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 04-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Default When to get Inquisition as a Paladin

The answer of course depends in part on what recruit-able armies and available/rewarded items you get, but I'm wondering at what point I should go down the path of Inquisition.

I figure as a Paladin, I'll probably end up getting it at some point since I'll have so many Mind runes. So far I'm Level 9 and decided to bee-line to Runic Stone (have only used it once so far) instead of working on Inquisition pre-reqs. My reasoning is that I wanted to get Distortion and Chaos to level 1 early so I could scribe my scrolls (in particular Sacrifice which I found early in Darion). I found 70 Inquisitors at the Furious Paladin but it is the only source in Darion and Western Islands; haven't been beyond there. Priests of course are uber-plentiful. I currently have enough leadership for 29 Inquisitors and haven't gotten any killed yet. I don't have Archmage yet (decreased leadership requirements for Inquisitors and other mages) though I have the prereqs.

I guess I'm just thinking that by the time I have enough runes for all of the prereqs for Inquisition, that Inquisitors will be useless or close to useless, other than perhaps to aid in Sacrifice/Resurrect to increase un-recruitable enemies. But it still seems to me like I'd rather get Order 3 and Distortion 3 (they're both at 2 now) and maybe some other skills before starting the trudge down to Inquisition.

Thoughts?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

You got 70 inquisitors at furious paladin shop nice ( i never found more then 20 there).
As unit inquisitors are not so useful in dmging as in supporting/resurrecting other units in you`re army so keep them in full stack all time (other way to lead only 1 is at some special strategies. 1 inqusitor, 1 archmage, 1 marauder and full lds available green+red dragons for example. use dragons for fighting and heal them when needed, and resurrect with inquisitor, them gift and revive again 1by1, magic shield with archmage, marauders just for going around to dig up gold-gift spell on them also, etc . . . there is other possible choices I just mentioned 1, you think about others).
As for spending bunch of runes on order/distortion magic think what spells you use most, and how high intellect you have to effect dmg from those spells ( investing much runes in magic is best for mage class with higher magic and double casting, paladin have to be weaker and mostly related for supporting spells).
All in all, upgrade inquisition skill when available inquisitors are 60-70% of you`re leadership count (when you can lead 100, and have only 60-70 at disposal).
Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

INquisitiors are quite limited in Legend, you are lucky u have 70, some poeple dont get any or like 10
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
All in all, upgrade inquisition skill when available inquisitors are 60-70% of you`re leadership count (when you can lead 100, and have only 60-70 at disposal).
That looks like a good rule of thumb, thanks.

Further, it may be that I need the prerequisites sooner than I need Inquisition, and so at that point it won't be such a huge leap to get Inquisition-- just the price of the skill itself.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
INquisitiors are quite limited in Legend, you are lucky u have 70, some poeple dont get any or like 10
Oh wow, I guess I didn't know I had it so good. In another (aborted) game, Inquisitors were available at two places, though I don't recall the numbers.

I had been feeling like I'd gotten pretty unlucky in my recruit-able armies so far, but maybe not. Everything had seemed pretty basic except for 4 Royal Thorns (which have since been the beneficiaries of Sacrifice so I have 8 now) and 7 Polar Bears (my main tank early on along with Royal Snakes, though a very slow one). Royal Snakes have been plentiful, though from what I understand they're guaranteed to exist at least one place. After I helped the Arlania guy (and got Faenora), he had about 800 Fire Spiders, which replaced my regular snakes as a resurrect-able unit, with synergies with Frog Faenora and Jade Belt. It's nice having a 7-initiative unit still in Darion!