Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Some questions

Dear AFTD-player,

I've read the manual but i've some questions:

1. Is there anyway to aggro? My tank don't hold aggro...
2. Is there a way to respec? I've put some points into the wrong skills..
3. Do you think this game is awesome? I do..

Kind regards,

Rinus
Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinus4 View Post
Dear AFTD-player,
1. Is there anyway to aggro? My tank don't hold aggro...
2. Is there a way to respec? I've put some points into the wrong skills..
3. Do you think this game is awesome? I do..
Rinus
1. Is there anyway to aggro? Sort of, most enemies will attack the character that hits them first, so use your tank(s) to attack first, and be in front, before you let loose with your casters and ranged. Unfortunately, some enemies, such as Rats and melee Killers, will ignore tanks and go directly at your casters. Pause(spacebar) is helpful here, to move your casters around a bit if needed, or set up AoEs.

2. No, this is a major flaw in the game, no respec. It's a bit old school considering this game came out in what, 2009? Victor is affected by this the most; he ends up being far more useful as a caster/rifleman, but it is easy to start him down the tank/melee path the first time you play.

3. This game is pretty good, but there are a lot of minor bugs, translation errors(in the English version), no respec(requires prior knowledge, usually a barrier to first time players), the ammo costs entirely too much, if it didn't drop so often it would make ranged weapons useless. I'm also less than thrilled with how locked in the characters are... you really only have 1 choice for advancement for most of the party characters. Only Outskirter can really be a decent ranged or melee character, and his melee is subpar at best. Perk system needs a major overhaul; time of day dependent perk availability is a BAD idea, even if it might be true to the source material or something. Also late game party characters end up missing 5 or more perks, horrible idea.

Unfortunately it seems this game is not getting any more support or patches, and there aren't even any modtools out. It's a shame, this game has promise, in my opinion.

I am finishing up my first playthrough, Victor is mainly a rifleman, with some casting ability backup.

At the very least it would have been nice for everybody with the Master Archer Skill to have the full archery tree, in case we did want to make them a ranged character. Oh well.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Thank you! Yeah, I think this game has a lot of potentional. I leveled Victor up as tank.. to discover he actually a caster... Bad things happen

So it's now:

Victor: Thank
Outskirter: Ranged
Telle: Healer/Support
Rada: Melee
Old 07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Don't get me wrong, you CAN make Victor a tank, it is just not as powerful in my opinion, compared to overpowered Rifle/Pistols, or pure mage. Mage area effect spells get pretty ridiculous late game, and rifles are strong from the first second you can use them until the end, it seems.

The only problem with making Victor a tank is there are not a whole lot of ranged attackers, or at least really effective ranged attackers.

Outskirter - Crossbows/Bows
Torry - Rifles/Pistols (Machine guns/flamethrowers are not as good in my opinion, for burst damage)
Telle - Limited Offensive spells / Healing / Debuffs

Loy and Rada both have Master Archer, but NONE of the stuns/knockdowns/burst damage abilities that Outskirter has, for some unknown reason. I really wish I had modtools here, both of these characters would be great as ranged damage with the full archery tree.

The other two tank/melee dps guys are mediocre, and have no real ranged attacks.