Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Healing followers w/no portraits

Is there a way to heal the extra followers with no portraits?

I tried to drag a potion onto one, but it just dropped on the ground.

Resting at an inn didn't do anything for them either.

I'm on the first map and am specifically relying to the Outskirter's(? or whatever he's called) sons. (One of the melee guys always gets beat up, but they do seem to regen hp slowly if just walking around... but it's strange that they get nothing when the main party rests at an inn... or I should say the only inn on that map...)

(It probably doesn't matter if they croak, but it irritates me in games to take unnecessary casualties just because of a pointless gameplay mechanic...)
Old 06-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

It doesn't really matter. They are only on that map (they don't follow you to the lake). As far as I know, they're only there the first time you're on that map (take the train and you'll see what I mean). They're meatshields.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJeff View Post
It doesn't really matter. They are only on that map (they don't follow you to the lake). As far as I know, they're only there the first time you're on that map (take the train and you'll see what I mean). They're meatshields.
Apparently they're their as long as the Outlier is, and they never seem to die as I noticed a second of them was at about zero life bare but never died AFTER my party came back from the lake.

I only played long enough to end the undead head quest, then quit, so I dunno if this hangeron immortality is pervasive or or not. They left us going to the lake area with a short speech by the Outlier saying that they were too "young".

Funny thing is that the normal animal mobs were ultra low level, c. L2, the bandits L6, and some undead L40 that took potshots at my crew but never hit(L40)?! (Kind of funny since one NPC says that the undead guards are harmless AND NON-HOSTILE... oops...)

I REALLY wish that they had put a compass heading into the various displays in the game as I'm never quite certain where my party is in relation to the map or vice versa... I ended up using the map (M) button to ove most of the time now then watching to where the party heads... VERY unsatisfactory...
Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

If you follow the story/dialog, the undead swept over and slaughtered the living. They are not not hostile - as in they are at peace. Invading living are still attacked.

As I said with regards to the man's sons - take the train.

Also, regarding the map - you do realize the little gold camera points where your camera is looking at, right?

Last edited by DarkJeff; 06-30-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added camera comment
Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJeff View Post
If you follow the story/dialog, the undead swept over and slaughtered the living. They are not not hostile - as in they are at peace. Invading living are still attacked.

As I said with regards to the man's sons - take the train.

Also, regarding the map - you do realize the little gold camera points where your camera is looking at, right?
Yep, took the train they're gone again. I thought that Outlier would leave then too... but I picked up Telle again in Meadows.

Map camera icon: nope never noticed it changing orientation, BUT IIRC from a few days ago I think that there's another little marker on the edge of the minimap that shows North... have to recheck

Taking a break from this for a while as the translatation is so poor that it takes some work trying to figure out what they really mean sometimes, which makes the game more tiresome to play, especially some of the dialog responses.