Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Registered Member

Default Might Tree skills for mages?

What in the might tree do you recommend for mages? I'm going for a mage build (impossible) with a focus on int, atk and def in the early game and leadership in late game where the level up will offer more. I'm aiming for Glory in Mind tree to help compensate for the lack of leadership.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Early on don't waist your runes on glory. beside level 1 required to open up reserve. A mage on impossible needs every mind rune he can get.

I find that for mage the key is to have the initiative every turn to cast first (especially against black dragons) and that's why I always try to get onsluaght / dark commander first
One garunteed way to have be the first one to act at the begining of every turn and not just the first round even against blackies is to have dark commander (+2 initiative to undead) and carry Necromancers / ancient Vamps, Zombie wife helps but you want frog wife as mage.

The other garanteed way is to have demonesses or lake faries and Anga ruby but I prefer Necromancer since they compliment mage well (read in the forum for combo)
Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

the only usefull might abilities a mage needs is

frenzy(due to mage mostly not having enough attack, and when troops kill a troop since u lower their numbers with spells the +2 +4 +6 attack is very handy!)

rage control if u like to use rage more often and more frequent use of timeback

night operation(during night u get attack+def bonusses which are also very handy for mages)

don't bother with onslaught or tactics
female+anga ruby will let u always start first!

and that is waaaaaaaay cheaper than 10 mind runes on tactics and 5 on onslaught

rest is pretty much obsolete there

unless u like to use bowmen then u could use that

or like the knight circle+teleport combo u should get that too

^^
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Don't forget Dark Commander, if you use undead units. Thanks to it I always start the battle even against Black Dragons (Bone dragon base initiative is 6 + 2 Dark Commander+1 Zombie Lina wife). Attack/defense increase is nice too.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Is it just me, or is Tactics really, really crappy? Where is the need for arranging your troops like this? Mass Haste on turn 1 does the job just as well and you don't have to go through the arranging before every battle.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

tactics is for the tanks(even when they are hasted they ain't that fast)

with the second tactics skill u can place tank abroad

but then again..

who makes an army full of tanks when 1 would suffice?
^^
Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

Well, not just tanks. Units with 3 speed can make great use of Tactics as well - Royal Snakes this way can reach the enemy lines with Lunge on the first round already, for example! And shooters can get closer to inflict full damage.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Is it just me, or is Tactics really, really crappy? Where is the need for arranging your troops like this? Mass Haste on turn 1 does the job just as well and you don't have to go through the arranging before every battle.
Just you I'd say. It's fantastic against Dragons as you can set your army up where the spell trap becomes your best friend. Especially against Blackies.

I hated the tactics skill in Heroes 3, avoided it like the plague, but it's a must have in this game.