Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

My favorite army remains the 4 Dragons and Archdemon army... In WotN i have swapped the Bone Dragons for Ice Dragons...

Not the most powerful perhaps, but fun to use and all the Dragons have useful special abilities and can take a hit... (And you can start using them very early on if you make sure to get a scroll of Call Colossus from King Hauck on Vestlig and feed it to the Raven...)

Using them on my Skald now, items he has are Demetrius (for max Archdemons), Heart of the Dragon and Draconix (for max Dragons), Metamorphic Axel, Elven Crown, Sandals of the Martyr and the Marshal's Baton (max leadership). Rounding it out is the Belt of the Victor (now called Winner's Belt) for great defense on my critters and extra speed...

With Tactics i can get a nice first strike with my Dragons, supported by some decent Rage and Magic damage (and the Boiling Lave from the Archdemons)... Then it's usually just mopping up what is left...
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
My favorite army remains the 4 Dragons and Archdemon army... In WotN i have swapped the Bone Dragons for Ice Dragons...

Not the most powerful perhaps, but fun to use and all the Dragons have useful special abilities and can take a hit... (And you can start using them very early on if you make sure to get a scroll of Call Colossus from King Hauck on Vestlig and feed it to the Raven...)

Using them on my Skald now, items he has are Demetrius (for max Archdemons), Heart of the Dragon and Draconix (for max Dragons), Metamorphic Axel, Elven Crown, Sandals of the Martyr and the Marshal's Baton (max leadership). Rounding it out is the Belt of the Victor (now called Winner's Belt) for great defense on my critters and extra speed...

With Tactics i can get a nice first strike with my Dragons, supported by some decent Rage and Magic damage (and the Boiling Lave from the Archdemons)... Then it's usually just mopping up what is left...
Belt of the Victor is in this game?!?! What class are you again? I'm curious if it has a higher likelihood to spawn as a Skald or not.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

I am a Skald, but i must confess it did not spawn in my game, so i just "gave" it to myself (could not find anything decent to fill my Belt slot...)...

It IS in the game though, but it's now called Winner's Belt...

Ps, Gloves of the Destroyer are also in, found those in the Dragon's lair on Merlassar in several playthroughs...
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post

I like the idea of not having to complete 50% of the game before having access to your preferred creatures.
The boiling lava is also interesting...stacking that with the Giants earthquake, and adding some more AOE from Cerberus,druids, maybe necromancers....any other AOE critters?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

The (Scoffer) Imps? Fireballs galore...