Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Technical issues

Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
I have a Radeon 4870x2, played NecrovisioN a week ago with no problems in DX10, advanced a couple of levels and was enjoying the game. Today I have updated ATI Catalyst drivers from 9.2 to 9.3, and also patched the game to 1.1. Now it crashes on launch in DX10 mode, however it works in DX9. No idea if the crash is caused by the driver or the patch (or both).

The game generates a huge dump file (87 mb), I have RARed it (1.5 mb) at put it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/21119149...-2740.rar.html

Hope it helps
Just go to control panel then to add/remove files (this is for XP) but should work for your problem. Let add/remove show all the files,If you remember the order in which you updated the files just go back to the first updated file and remove them one at a time,make after each file you remove restart your system! And don't immeditately empty your Recycle Bin cause if your not very knowledgible about what you are removing and unistalling a program you may get the wrong file and mess your OS UP, But if you follow my directions you should get system back to where the game worked properly! Or use system restore to roll it back a couple of days before you went on this quest. If this don't work take it to a friend with more knowledge or Bit the bullet and call the geek squad from Best Buy or a local computer store you can trust not to ripp off you or overcharge for want seems to me to be simple problem to fix! If this does not work You will have to do a clean install of the O.S. and reload all your programs and Data, I've been doing computers as a hobby for over 20 year and get into the same situation once in a while so don't get down on yourself cause the best of us do it. I don't know who you or where are ,But If your in the Delaware,Pennsylvania area a good PC Repair shop called Kehtron at 2900 Concord Pike will be able to help and the manager Bill is from India, and he will give you a fair price. Just tell him you know Roy! Thank you for your time and I hope this 55 year old Man help you solve your problem. God Bless you all!

Last edited by alive357; 01-18-2010 at 10:57 AM.