Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-15-2015, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Default KBDS: New units and other mess

Just got down and started playing this game since I bought it on Steam about 3 months ago. The new units I faced so far are un-impressive at the best. I have not gotten the OP dragon riders yet but does anyone have a PDF or list of the new units with their abilities?

That being said, am I the only feel KBDS unfinished? Maybe the developers intend to make the quest more challenging by being less obvious but some of them I have no clue where to go or what to do. There hasn't really been any update/patch on this game neither for awhile. Even though KBWOTN isn't really great neither, at least DLC got patches.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

It IS unfinished. It feels like they let some junior programmers make it with the AP Editor. Even the new units are either cobbled together from existing ones (the new Level 1 demon unit is just a Ghost with a fire aura) or seemingly lifted from other 1C games. The quests are vapid, the dialogue is unfunny and forced. Tons of spells and skills are either over or under-powered (there is a skill that lets your troops critical attacks HALVE enemy stacks!!!) or crash the game.

Oh and did I mention the atrocious butchery of the english language? It's even worse than Warriors of the North was in this regard.

If you are interested, I used DEV mode way back last summer to check out the new units and took screenshots. Because I was interested... a bit.
I only posted descriptions of the new skills/abilities.

Stuff changed a bit otherwise - like, ALL Demon talents are rechargeble now (because why not have Demons summon other demons and plant circles every third round, eh?) They also have much longer reload times, because of the new Demon skill Frenzy that basically makes the troop reduce reload time by dealing damage or using skills or taking damage... so, Rage, basically. It's woefully untested and makes Demons perform skills every other round they could only use once per combat in previous installments.

Changes to old units:

-All Evil units get "Of the Dark" (such great translation!) to indicate they are eeevil. All good units get "Of the Light". Only useful to indicate spell/skill targets and moral. Light units dislike Dark units and moral will drop. Unfortunately, they changed all the spells that did not affect or hurt demons/undead to do the same for "of the Dark" units, meaning that since you will be always using such units, it's not worth investing in Healing, Resurrection, Bless, etc. because they can damage Demons and Orcs too, now.
-All Demons get Frenzy. See the Fire Elemental for description. Basically it increases attack as they deal/take damage and gives the chance to decrease reload time for frenzy points.
-All HUmans get Figthting Spirit - units get +1morale if they lose half their numbers. pretty useless.
-Imps/Scoffer Imps get "Fire Thrower" (SIC!) ability. IT's basically a description explaining why they have two Fireball talents now, both reloadable.
-Cerberus: Leap has a basic 9 rounds reload time.
-Swordsman: Prudence/Cautious has a change now, apart from the 10% chance, it increases by 1% for every 4% of troops lost.

-Fire Elemental

New Level 1 Demon unit, basically a Ghost with a fire aura - you can still see the outlines of the Ghost if you move the cursor over it.
It's a terribly weak and slow (2 move points) melee unit that is immune to mind and fire, and burns enemies. It can teleport to burning units and use a round attack, because sure, you would want to teleport a weak unit into the throngs of battle.

-Blood Priestess

Level 3 Demon unit, has a design very different from any other artstyle on the game.
Another slow (2 move) melee unit like the Demoness, only weaker. Even has the +1 cell long attack just like the Demoness, and Beautiful. Her basic attack applies Bleeding curse - unlike in previous games, bleeding lowers HP and deals physical damage every turn.
Her talents are the afore-mentioned long attack (same damage), applying bleeding to an enemy from afar, and Sacrifice - which is just like the 3rd level of the spell.

More later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FireElemental.jpg (570.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg BloodPriestess.jpg (425.5 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 01-23-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Default What I'm missing

I haven't played in some time but I thought you learned the dark versions of Healing, Resurrection, and Bless that worked on "of the dark" from Simon by completing the New Spells quest. Still, that happens late enough in the game to warrant waiting to get those spells.

Also, I'm not familiar with "Dev" mode. Could you explain it or point me to more info about it?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

I will link that to you later, sorry don't have it with me now.

Hmm, if you get such spells, that'll be nice - they did not get added when I used the code to write all spells to my spellbook.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

BB shockwave because they are the same spells. At frist when i gave 3 healing scrolls to Simon i tohught it ddint work since i didnt get new spell. Than i looked on description of healing. It was working on demons now.
I am surprised you didnt notice that, you are not new player here ;p
From what i remeber only lifelight spell had diffrent name of the spell after changong it to the dark version,
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

I never got to that point, I told that before - I used DEV mode to get all spells. In actual gameplay I gave up No-Loss when having to defend Castle Evil or whatnot from three impossibly strong enemy armies, and then gave up the whole game after it gave me that huge empty island devoid of anything - a clear indication the creators of the game didn't even bother using the editor properly. (another indication was the Demoness starting map where there is an enemy unit you simply cannot reach because they put an obstacle there by mistake... shows how this was never even alpha/beta-tested.) Yes, I did not give this game more chance - WotN is to "thank" for that. I want those months of my life trying to bug-fix that mess back, thank you very much 1C.

Yes, Life Light had an opposite called Dark Shroud that causes Of the Light units to bleed while healing Dark units. But the other spells description says they only work on Light units. I guess you'll have to meet this guy you mentioned before they will change.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Btw, I created a new thread for just the new units/spells/skills of DS, outside in the main forum, since it seems most people go there for DS as it has no dedicated sub-forum.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=708487
Old 02-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

@BB Shockwave: I think by your reply to Elwin that "DEV mode" is using the Console, i.e., typing Shift + ~ then Magicbook. I just didn't think of it that way. No need for a link. Your new thread is a good idea.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation DEV mode = "kb -dev"

No, DEV mode is when you run King's Bounty with the "-dev" parameter like so:

kb -dev

Usually from a command prompt in the KB folder, although you could change or setup a new shortcut to do this as well.

/C\/C\
Old 02-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dword View Post
@BB Shockwave: I think by your reply to Elwin that "DEV mode" is using the Console, i.e., typing Shift + ~ then Magicbook. I just didn't think of it that way. No need for a link. Your new thread is a good idea.
I have a TXT file with how to use DEV mode + commands somewhere at home, but it is here on these forums too, if you can find it... I always had trouble finding it, hence why I saved it