Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Default Modding Stations Problem

Hi. I have been trying to figure out how the meshes for the stations are put together in the game. I have already a station to a system but I just don't understand how the game puts it together. So far I figure that the CreateTradeStation() function has something to do with adding mesh to the game but haven't found which script file it's contained in. I have checked Carcasses for the stations but is seems to points to an IMD file that only has helpers but no mesh. At least none that I can see. I hope someone can help me with this. I really want to have my own unique station complete with turrets and stuff.

I should add that I have already added new mesh and added geometry to existing ships so I kind of already know the process. Scripting quests presents a challenge for me but doable I think. Im planning to create a Conqueror quest or edit the existing main quest to contain a feature I want.

Last edited by Bueda; 02-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

IMD is a mesh in this game . And you should have a special program to convert it into some other format (and then back if you plan to return it to the game). The station is formed by several so-called "modules" which you put together in 3D-Max or some other program that allows you to work with IMD-meshes. There are some special editors (I know 3 of them) that allow people to put this modules together. At least one of them was discussed at this forum (the German one).
CreateTradeStation() as well as CreateStation() are functions that exist inside the engine not inside the scripts. And, unfortunately, this game is not open-sourse.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Registered Member

Yeah. I already have all the files I need to edit IMD's. Added and improved some objects and they render in the game. But the stations..ugh. That's unfortunate news. Maybe ill just optimize the individual modules. I don't like they way they look. Now back to scripting out Greyhair out of the main story line and renaming him to Neckbeard. lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Now I understand what you mean, man
To mod stations you also use refpoints but they are classified as "modules".