Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 06-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Registered Member

Question Starwolves 3/Win 7

Anyway to get this working on Win 7? I only have an issue when i patch the game, otherwise it works, but I have only played the first couple of missions.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriuz View Post
Anyway to get this working on Win 7? I only have an issue when i patch the game, otherwise it works, but I have only played the first couple of missions.

Thanks!
Hey Deriuz, I had the same issue when applying the official patch on my XP system. I have reported this by email to 1C, but got nowhere. What I did was, re-installed game, and ran it without the patch. I did however use the fixes I found on the forum here that members posted. The 1C patch is "supposed" to fix some of these, but the patch itself kills the game. Read through the SW3 forum here, and apply the fixes members here supplied, and like me, you'll find the game works great. Hope this helps, have fun, it's an awesome game

Goblin Wizards Thread here is one of the major fixes most have problems with:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...98&postcount=1

You can search through the forums for more, and there are also some great mods members have made. I'd recommend playing through a Vanilla version first, and then have fun with the mods to extend the fun

Last edited by Zoltan; 06-26-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Default thanks

Thank you very much!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriuz View Post
Thank you very much!
Your Welcome!

FYI, I believe the following is corrected with the above fix from Goblin Wizard, but with this post here, you can manually check to be sure it's fixed. This is one that I manually fixed myself using notepad as described in the post. This one was a game breaker for me, and thanks to checking this forum, I was able to complete the game the first time I played it.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...82&postcount=5

Btw, this is for the INCO story line, and is best explained by an earlier post in the same thread in which member Docvang posts the problem and fix (of which the post is in the link directly above):

In the mission where you go looking for your lost cargo, and you start with a choice of either asking MSF or Triada, you get offered assistance by InoCo if you decline both MSF & Triada.

During that mission you are supposed to raid a Triada station in XT-45 with the help of some InoCo fighters to retrieve your cargo.
Once you arrive at that station and destroy the initial fighters, a second batch of fighters appears as well as some 'mercenary' allies. After destroying all defending fighters a dialogue begins during which you are asked to 'transmit' your biometric information to retrieve the cargo. The dialogue is somewhat vague and ends with the InoCo leader making a veiled threat like 'do it, or else...'. Right on cue InoCo's AI Manticore ship jumps in and .....
*nothing* more happens.

I'm kinda stuck here and don't know how to continue. Anybody know a workaround or a fix for this problem?

Last edited by Zoltan; 06-27-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
Your Welcome!

FYI, I believe the following is corrected with the above fix from Goblin Wizard, but with this post here, you can manually check to be sure it's fixed. This is one that I manually fixed myself using notepad as described in the post. This one was a game breaker for me, and thanks to checking this forum, I was able to complete the game the first time I played it.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...82&postcount=5

Btw, this is for the INCO story line, and is best explained by an earlier post in the same thread in which member Docvang posts the problem and fix (of which the post is in the link directly above):

In the mission where you go looking for your lost cargo, and you start with a choice of either asking MSF or Triada, you get offered assistance by InoCo if you decline both MSF & Triada.

During that mission you are supposed to raid a Triada station in XT-45 with the help of some InoCo fighters to retrieve your cargo.
Once you arrive at that station and destroy the initial fighters, a second batch of fighters appears as well as some 'mercenary' allies. After destroying all defending fighters a dialogue begins during which you are asked to 'transmit' your biometric information to retrieve the cargo. The dialogue is somewhat vague and ends with the InoCo leader making a veiled threat like 'do it, or else...'. Right on cue InoCo's AI Manticore ship jumps in and .....
*nothing* more happens.

I'm kinda stuck here and don't know how to continue. Anybody know a workaround or a fix for this problem?
you are click http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...98&postcount=1 demo
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

Hi. Yes, the links for the fixes for this problem have been posted in this thread. As stated, you can download and use Goblin Wizard's pack in my post #2, or manually fix it yourself (not that hard to do really), using the link I posted just above in post #4. Just follow the direction in each link.