Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Default is the steam bundle worth it?

Question for you all,

I'm considering buying the steam bundle that gives you all 3 star wolves games and the 2 space rangers, plus the UFO afterlight games. But its 40 bucks. are all these games really worth 40 bucks?

I know I would spend 20 on the 3 star wolves games, but...40 bucks is alot of money (to me anyway).

what do you guys think?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post
Question for you all,

I'm considering buying the steam bundle that gives you all 3 star wolves games and the 2 space rangers, plus the UFO afterlight games. But its 40 bucks. are all these games really worth 40 bucks?

I know I would spend 20 on the 3 star wolves games, but...40 bucks is alot of money (to me anyway).

what do you guys think?
This is a bit late, but all those games are fun IMO, with the possible exception of StarWolves 2 which has a lot of issues. Just FYI, you can pick up the 3 UFO games right now on GOG during their Xmas sale (think it runs till Jan 3rd or 6th, can't remember which). GOG also has SW1 (definitely get it!), and SW2 can be gotten on GamersGate. The Space Rangers games were available on GOG as well, but are unavailable for the time being unfortunately. That Steam bundle doesn't/didn't seem like too bad of a deal for all those games (I don't personally use Steam myself), but if you want to pick them up separately, the above places have decent deals on them, especially right now
Old 12-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

and here I had all but given up hope that someone would respond to this. Steam has since discontinued the bundle. But the games are all on sale, all 3 for about 25. Going to wait till jan 3rd or 4th to pick them up because the sale ends on the 5th. they might just go lower then they are now.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

I would advise picking up 1st and 3rd Star Wolves, because the 3rd starts after events of the 1st game and not the 2nd. The second game was more like a remake of first SW than a sequel.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Just fyi, Starwolves 1 is $4.99 on sale right now on GOG. They don't have SW3 yet, but it would be nice if they work something out with 1C and add it to their catalogue soon.

Sneaksie: "I would advise picking up 1st and 3rd Star Wolves, because the 3rd starts after events of the 1st game and not the 2nd. The second game was more like a remake of first SW than a sequel."

-->Agreed...and also be sure to play SW1 FIRST..for a few reasons. That's usually a no brainer to play the first in a series first, but if you play SW3 first, it might just spoil you for SW1 . I mean that, because there is a lot more freedom in the 3rd, and just more of everything. Playing the first will also give you a nice intro some of the characters, gameplay mechanics, ect. It's really not THAT long, so it's definitely the place to start. Pick 'em up and enjoy! (and Happy New Year!, btw)

Last edited by Zoltan; 12-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

well...i've already played through some of the 3rd game. Didn't beat it though.

what is GOG?

Finally, the second is just a remake of the first? that seems a little pointless.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post
well...i've already played through some of the 3rd game. Didn't beat it though.

what is GOG?

Finally, the second is just a remake of the first? that seems a little pointless.
GOG.com They have been known for their catalogue of older games, cheap prices, and getting them to work on newer systems. Many of the very older games come right with dosbox included, and ALL of their games are DRM Free, which is really nice (and recently they have been going through their entire gatologue and making many of them compatible with Macs for those who want that). They hafve now also started selling many newer games, and lots of Indie developed games as well. If you haven't heard of them, definitely check 'em out, you won't be sorry.

As far as SW2, I can't tell you much about it (as I have stayed away from it), except that it's supposed to be very buggy, and generally disappointing (just goggle it, and even look through some of the forum threads here). One thing about it that does sound nice to me, from what I heard, is that you can "pick up" odd jobs here and there during the game.