Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Spirits of Rage

Spirits of Rage All information about Spirits of Rage

Old 10-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Naww. I've been using the GG 1.6.5 patch for a while and it is working fine. By waiting all my units I get 10-15 attacks per turn for 5 turns. It's insane.

Here is something I noticed last time I played: I have not yet upgraded its rest or duration...just its damage. So it has "5 Attacks" and "4 Rest". So there is a brief opportunity to cast a 2nd cloud while the first is still active.

So I did this last night at the same location as the old cloud. It seemed to reset the counter on the first cloud! So for the rest of the battle, the enemy was getting hit 2x per cloud tick. Pretty funny.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Too bad that doesn't work with Ice Orb. I thought I could get two of those at the same time.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

I think blackhole is actually quite worthless skill. By time I get it my underground blades do more damage. Even at fully upgraded blackhole isn't that much better than fully upgraded underground blades. And while reaver got two other extremely useful skills (time back and 50% kill) rock dude really has nothing else worth using later in game so it is good idea to skip blackhole and just use rock dude when you want area damage.

I now got blades upgraded to 820-1210 damage to all (except casters who take double that). It is still quite nice near end of dwarven lands. Specially when enemy decides to split troops in 10 groups.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

I think you guys are selling black hole a little short. It does bonus damage based on the level of the target, and the higher the level, the more damage it does. Also, no one has resistance against astral damage, which is what it does, so you are garunteed full damage, whereas undergraound blades does less damage to those resistant to physical attacks.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Approved Member

Well, I don't think any of the direct damage rage spells are much use in the late game. Why use Black Hole when you can be using Soul Drain and Time Back? Well, against Undead.

The only rage spells I consistently use are Glot's Shield, Evil Shoal early in the game, Chargers, Ice Orb, Soul Drain and Time Back. The others aren't necessary, at least not for me.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Stone wall and crystal thorns are quite important too if you ask me. Stone wall early on can block some enemy for at least one turn, crystal thorns may be used for the same thing, they cost only 15 rage when maxed. You can easily surround your archers with them and this will discourage most of the enemies to go for them. They are designed to surround 3 units but using map edges with some imagination you can surround 4 units. Some dragon fights become quite easy this way.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Fact is that stone wall has one Hit Point counter (so all three hexagons vanish when the HP is 0), but the thorns work different - each ice thorn has its own HP - what is much better (also I thought that if you level up thorns - you can surround larger area, but I may be wrong)

For both stone wall and thorns I would vote for placing change - let me select where to place them, first than it may be realy usefull... It is to me like one could not select the trajectory for shallow fish...

Anyway, when I can use rage skill that damages all enemies with 5000 dmg, or ice thorns... guess which skill I will chose