Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Default War Thunder.... After some time.

Well....

After some time going at this game..the demo all I can say is it's a pain in the arss. It's beautiful the flight models aren't terrible but guess what..all I've been able to fly is German biplanes. I think they give you more if you fly for hours on end and score many kills but I can't do that! Or you can buy more aeroplanes. I think I'm so use to IL-2 that anything else that is different seems garbage or totally confusing to my pea sized brain. That's probably the main problem. The only other sim that comes close to IL-2 in my opinion is Rise Of Flight witch is good for all of us. The only thing is I'm not a WWI guy.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

For me there was no feeling of flight, the cockpits are so bad there is zero immersion.

BTW: You can fly other aircraft, look on the research tree and you can test fly some aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Why not fly Clod now Rich? Not very much wrong with it, and ROF is two years away. Anything else coming in near future is crap, in comparison to Clod right now.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
For me there was no feeling of flight, the cockpits are so bad there is zero immersion.

BTW: You can fly other aircraft, look on the research tree and you can test fly some aircraft.
Merry Xmas Krupi.

Some pits are bad indeed...But some are quite good.(p-39, 109 and few others). What I have to say though, is that CLOD's pits do look good, but when you talk about "immersion" ? In CLOD, Prop f/x are bad, tracers are bad, clouds are bad, plane in a distance are bad, the always blue sky is bad... And an invisible pilot ?!! Im WT, although the pits are less detailed, the glass reflexions are great, sun glare is realistic, "scratches" in plexi are awsome, tracers are good, clouds are good and weather is very good...And terrain ? And trees ? And buildings? WT all the way...
I agree that in terms of a "sim" (FM, DM and technical specs) CLOD may meet the standards, but immersion, I give WT the blue ribbon.
The ideal sim would be a merge of those two !

Salute !

Last edited by Lexicon; 12-25-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Why not fly Clod now Rich? Not very much wrong with it, and ROF is two years away. Anything else coming in near future is crap, in comparison to Clod right now.

CLOD has beautiful pits, good but unfinished FM, good DM and physics.
But as mentioned in my other post, many important aspects of CLOD are ...I will not use your word, but, lets say, less than stellar. At release, before endless patches and updates, CLOD was labled as a "failure" by almost all critics and simmers...Hardly playable for most users...That is only few months ago....
So a lot of things can happen in "the near future"...

Salute !
Old 12-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

How is the CEM in WT?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_P View Post
How is the CEM in WT?
utter garbage

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
Merry Xmas Krupi.

Some pits are bad indeed...But some are quite good.(p-39, 109 and few others). What I have to say though, is that CLOD's pits do look good, but when you talk about "immersion" ? In CLOD, Prop f/x are bad, tracers are bad, clouds are bad, plane in a distance are bad, the always blue sky is bad... And an invisible pilot ?!! Im WT, although the pits are less detailed, the glass reflexions are great, sun glare is realistic, "scratches" in plexi are awsome, tracers are good, clouds are good and weather is very good...And terrain ? And trees ? And buildings? WT all the way...
I agree that in terms of a "sim" (FM, DM and technical specs) CLOD may meet the standards, but immersion, I give WT the blue ribbon.
The ideal sim would be a merge of those two !

Salute !
Merry Xmas...

I tried a few aircraft and found them all terrible.

COD is superiour in terms of basically everything to that game as COD is a SIM not a game. Somethings are nice in WT props are better but nothing else... Reflections are waayy way over the top, ROFs are much better same with the clouds. Tracers were vastly improved in COD and are better than WT. The terrain while nice is not great tbh it just does not look correct in the maps i flew in and the lack of shadows didnt help.

In a flight sim I spend the majority of my time looking for EA's or looking at my cockpit and even with all the bugs in COD taken into account I would say WT still cannot hold a candle to it but then again its not meant too it a game not a sim.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Dowloaded it and tested it, and all i can say this game is all utter garbage!

Sure i know it is in the line of World of Tanks, so i knew that the game was a MMO but i thought it to be somewhat balanced, but wth?!... dog fighting a MIG 17 in a HE 51 is not fun!

This was not a game for me
Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post

I think COD is great but I just got tired with the same thing day in day out on ATAG So I went back to IL-2. Battle For Stalingrad is due the first quarter of 2014 so I figure I'll be in IL-2 mostly before it comes out.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/index.php?