Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Registered Member

Default Can we get a definite answer on 4.09"M"?

Ev.

I've been searching for 6 months plus, all over the IL-2-forum-planet, for a straight answer on this, and, thought I would just come here and ask the question point blank.

Just straight up, and agreeing that it'll be the final IL-2--1946 patch, approximately if/when will the post-beta, "gold", non-candidate, ready for mass-distribution, posted to an easy to use USA-internet-site (UBI, et al) , 4.09 patch be ready, in terms of quarters, i.e., 3rd qtr. 2008, 4th qtr. 2008, 1st qtr. 2009. etc.??

No more bs, please. Just a straight up, in public answer on if we can expect a final, orgainized patch or not would be greatly, greatly, appreciated.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Global Moderator

What do you expect?

If Oleg says no more, which he has said will that change anything?

If Oleg says more, which he has not said will that change anything?

Looking for Oleg, he's taking a nap - always hard to find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sofa.jpg (73.9 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-25-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Last news from Oleg was the patch will be finished when SoW:BoB makes it to a certain point in developement. He wasn't specific as to a time table.

All official work on IL2 by 1C staff has ended. With the exception of making sure the 4.09 maps and other included materials meet spec 1C will have no other work done on IL2. When BoB reaches that above mentioned development plateau 1C will then 'compile and pack' the 4.09 patch for distribution.

Not the answer you wanted, but that's the answer all the same.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb3 View Post
Ev.

I've been searching for 6 months plus, all over the IL-2-forum-planet, for a straight answer on this, and, thought I would just come here and ask the question point blank.

Just straight up, and agreeing that it'll be the final IL-2--1946 patch, approximately if/when will the post-beta, "gold", non-candidate, ready for mass-distribution, posted to an easy to use USA-internet-site (UBI, et al) , 4.09 patch be ready, in terms of quarters, i.e., 3rd qtr. 2008, 4th qtr. 2008, 1st qtr. 2009. etc.??

No more bs, please. Just a straight up, in public answer on if we can expect a final, orgainized patch or not would be greatly, greatly, appreciated.
You are right, coming here is the only place to get any definitive answer

Quote:
Robert - Last news from Oleg was the patch will be finished when SoW:BoB makes it to a certain point in developement. He wasn't specific as to a time table.

All official work on IL2 by 1C staff has ended. With the exception of making sure the 4.09 maps and other included materials meet spec 1C will have no other work done on IL2. When BoB reaches that above mentioned development plateau 1C will then 'compile and pack' the 4.09 patch for distribution.

Not the answer you wanted, but that's the answer all the same
And as Robert stressed SOW has Oleg and his boys all working flat out. The plateau in development will most likely be the "Closed" beta of SOW.
So my guess is another month and you will have your answer as to when the patch will be released.
But check in every few weeks sometimes Oleg surprises everyone
Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

mrb3, you are not alone. There are a bunch of similar threads here on the UBI-Zoo-forums, SimHQ, you name it, I show you at least 5 threads with the very same topic.
But it still makes me wonder about your and those other peoples motivation. If you searched all these places for 6 month (!) and didn't find an answer to when the patch will be released, the most logical conclusion for me would be, that there simply is no release date.

So, what makes you guys so convinced we devilish, evil and darkhearted forum-people hide that date from you and other people interested and feel the need to post these questions? I'm sorry, I'm not flaming or something, I'd just like to know why my conclusion is so obviously wrong that so many people feel the need to post these questions over and over again?

Last edited by Feuerfalke; 04-25-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

I think is just people is nervous. We now how fun is going to be and need to talk, read, and keep in touch with the source to fuel our waiting. The funny thing will be once the 4.09 is out we will be nervous again about the next thing whatever it will be. Anyway, i advise all you to try the 4.09 beta. I think is the best map ever made for IL2 for many reasons, and is very easy to install and uninstall the beta. Once is done just change one file will revert it. I sometimes fly slovakia just for the beauty of it. If you cannot wait you can allways fly missions offline on the beta map, i recomend use the villages and ground targets, flying low on that streets is the closest to reality you can have with this sim.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

It's no problem to have two separate installs on one hard-drive, just copy the root folder containing 4.08m to another folder, call it (for example) C: IL-2409beta, and unzip the beta patches into it. Rename any short-cuts you create before placing them on the desktop and bingo! Two version you can access.
Remember you will need to change versions in Hyperlobby if flying on-line - using the Disconnect/ Hold Control+Shift while clicking Connect/ Search & Highlight/ Save/ Connect method - and go enjoy the many new features of 4.09b.
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Or....you could just use the switcher and have one-click access to either version. You don't need to log out of Hyperlobby, do any copy/pasting or anything.....just one click...it's that easy.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Ah, okay. I had done the copy/paste thing before the switcher came out. Does this mean that there are two copies of conf.ini in one set up, and do the new skins work in either version?

B
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

No & Yes

:0]