Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Authentic 1938 RAF Maps

This may have been posted here before but there are some RAF maps available at BOB WOV that are quite detailed. They have been at the site for some time but I just got around to downloading them. They are about 20 dollar download, and you can have them printed up in what ever form you like at your local printer. Or just have them displayed on another monitor.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/store/raf_maps/

They are very detailed with Church Steeples marked on the map for navigational purposes. They also show buildings in the villages, but its propably a very simplified representation of the actual village setup.

They also show accurate roads, railways, forests, etc. This would be a great source of info for Oleg if he hasn't already downloaded it. Even if the villages arn't represented accurately, Oleg could just put buildings and steepled churches where they are marked on the map it would be great navigational map. He may be doing something else more or less complex and supplying a different map, but hopefully Oleg has seen this very accurate representation of 1938 Britain.

Evegeny if you read this could you ask Oleg if he has seen it.

~Salute~
Chivas
Old 04-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

“Legal issues over depicting World War Two equipment” and copyright springs to mind, or is it just me?
Viking
Old 04-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
“Legal issues over depicting World War Two equipment” and copyright springs to mind, or is it just me?
Viking
This was posted by JamesB at the WOV forums.
"Copyright has long since expired and Ordnance survey are credited on each map. I have spoken to them and that is what they requested. The cost is purely to recoup the costs of having them scanned at such high resolution, which was not inconsiderable. there is no paper version but you could have them printed although I would not recommend printing them full size, cost would be horrible."

Of course we could canvas every church and landowner on the map and get there ok.