Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Default Glycol Radiator Damage Model Problem?

One of the main problem with inline WW2 aircraft was glycol radiator damage.

The Cliffs of Dover sim aircraft radiator damage shows nice glycol sprays but, fighters have on change with engion heat.

"Spitfire Mark V 1941-1945" Alfred Price.

This is a big problem with sims radiator damage model.

I tested with Bf109s and Spit and no actual glycol radiator damage model.

Do other people disagree?

Thanks for testing.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

I have always agreed that this is a very big problem with this sim. The problem is there is just no incurred damage from a shot up cooling system. The damage model has/had 2 major problems in my opinion, the wings blowing off bombers (fixed now) and the cooling systems.

At the moment you can travel the entire channel at full throttle without worry of overheating. It takes an extraordinary amount of time for a plane with shattered radiators to suffer any performance drop or overheating.

Testing on single player you can see this clearly that bombers and fighters both English and German always get back to base without hitch. It is fuel and oil failures which cause all the failures. On multiplayer things don't generally play out that long before someone spawns a new plane again.

Also, it would be awesome if we could get effects from coolant damage on the pilot from ruptures in the engine bay.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Didn't the sim on release have coolant leak damage, where you would gradually loose power and altitude...been thinking about this, I seem to remember seizing the 109 engine because of a coolant leak, the very first time I tried the game.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 10-09-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Didn't the sim on release have coolant leak damage, where you would gradually loose power and altitude...been thinking about this, I seem to remember seizing the 109 engine because of a coolant leak, the very first time I tried the game.
Oil radiator damage model works.

Glycol radiator damage does not. I have flow from England for France with a 109 with both glycol radiators damaged with all glycol empty and no engine temp change.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustnik View Post
Oil radiator damage model works.

Glycol radiator damage does not. I have flow from England for France with a 109 with both glycol radiators damaged with all glycol empty and no engine temp change.

Yepper, you are right, but I was talking about the org. released vers.
I remember a warning rad leak, then as the engine got hot a gasket let go. Had oil all over, engine seized shortly after...It was a long time ago, so I could be completely wrong.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

I only played the release version and I remember engines overheating from glycol leaks. Shouldn't be too hard for someone to boot up the steam version and have a look.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker15 View Post
I only played the release version and I remember engines overheating from glycol leaks. Shouldn't be too hard for someone to boot up the steam version and have a look.

I'm surprised no one here chimed in to say, which patch eliminated it

Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Hi Faustnik...I tried my release vers., and temperature damage due to Glycol loss was in the release. Not sure why it was removed, but the devs often bow to pressures, or it may have helped to run the game smoother...I got 6 minutes, but had power loss within first 2 minutes.

Last edited by SlipBall; 10-10-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the data SlipBall!

I sure home it will be fixed.

Fighters with only 7.7mm really get a bad deal for online fighting.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustnik View Post
Thanks for the data SlipBall!

I sure home it will be fixed.

Fighters with only 7.7mm really get a bad deal for online fighting.

Ha, ha don't hold your breath, you see how quite your thread is lol
not everyone wants penalties