Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Well back on topic shall we?

It is good news this has been confirmed. Its the only way the series can have any hope of becoming stronger over time.

I just prey this patch leaves us with something that is good enough to keep the online community alive until the sequel can bring the series back from the dead.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Well back on topic shall we?

It is good news this has been confirmed. Its the only way the series can have any hope of becoming stronger over time.

I just prey this patch leaves us with something that is good enough to keep the online community alive until the sequel can bring the series back from the dead.
Not sure its good news, but its not as bad as it could have been. I hope the patch at least stabilizes this thing and allows basic stuff like AA and the landscape no longer shimmers. The FM etc can wait until the sequel that I will not buy until far after the reviews are in...and only will buy if they are good reviews. If the patch leaves a mess in its wake the series is toast.

Last edited by icarus; 09-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
Not sure its good news, but its not as bad as it could have been. I hope the patch at least stabilizes this thing and allows basic stuff like AA and the landscape no longer shimmers. The FM etc can wait until the sequel that I will not buy until far after the reviews are in...and only will buy if they are good reviews. If the patch leaves a mess in its wake the series is toast.
it has to be good news that the sequel will merge with Clod.. that way Clod will get upgraded and this great theatre can live on in our simulation.

Regrading what needs fixing I see it from the complete opposite.. its the FMs that are the key to making CloD fun.. AA and other visual things can wait, these are superficial to the 'gameplay'. Anyway, no point discussing really.. there are many many important things the patch should cover, everyone has their own priority.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

I'm optimistic that I'll buy whatever came I'll buy sequels in collector edition if possible.

he said one patch and a sequel. that's good to know I need eastern front i'm not into BoB indeed kk

besides, i understood that one patch and there won't be enough time to make another patch cause the sequel will be almost releasing so why not bother with Clod!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabetheace View Post

besides, i understood that one patch and there won't be enough time to make another patch cause the sequel will be almost releasing so why not bother with Clod!
For those of us who are not interested in the sequel and paid their money for CoD. We should get the bug updates free, not the maps or added features that were not promised in the original CoD.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitexas View Post
"1) When do you expect to have full-featured anti-aliasing?
We still didn’t get to that task as our graphic programmers still have a pile of even higher priority issues to cover. So, not in the next patch."
So I have to buy a sequel I am not interested in, in order to get AA. That is a pathetic joke.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Luthier has admitted that cod is not up to par, which means he can do much better.
A fixed Clod + eastern front + several desastersoft and B6 campaigns ^^ , this game gonna be huge, while all the "world of thingy" will be long forgotten, the Il2 titan will rise again. I'am confident.
Btw i'am also awaiting Rome II

Last edited by jibo; 09-14-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

And once again, take your public spats to PM if you want to continue with them. Any more are O/T and will just get deleted, so don't bother.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 09-14-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
So I have to buy a sequel I am not interested in, in order to get AA. That is a pathetic joke.
If you have an Nvidia card, customise the settings for launcher.exe. Enable FXAA and add 16x CSAA, with 'override application settings' and 'multisample' set.

No Jaggies.

There's probably some AMD/ATI equivalent available too.

Sorry for OT Uther.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
If you have an Nvidia card, customise the settings for launcher.exe. Enable FXAA and add 16x CSAA, with 'override application settings' and 'multisample' set.

No Jaggies.

There's probably some AMD/ATI equivalent available too.

Sorry for OT Uther.
Tried that. Doesn't get rid of the jaggies or shimmering for me. I should not have to buy a sequel to get bug fixes that is just wrong.