Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQB View Post
Pilot here too, with aerobatic practice in the... wait for it... C152A ().
you're braver than me mate
Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

I'd LOVE to see for myself how the SU-26 compares to its real world counterparts but I can't get the update to work without launcher crashes 100% of the time.

Also a problem is that all of my sim hardware was stolen and so I don't yet have a proper controller setup, though I do have my R/C sim transmitter and could give that a shot if I could only launch the sim.

Obviously some of the things we see in videos are totally absurd, but that's always been true in sims where the physics are clearly simplified - and to model an airplane that lives outside the normal envelope is really asking a lot of a bit of software. So while that 0 ground roll takeoff, and some of these other silly things are clearly not realistic aspects of the FM, if the Clod Su-26 rewards realistic pilot inputs with realistic responses in flight, then I for one can overlook some funky things here and there.

At this point it doesn't look real great, but thus far no aerobatic pilots have flown the thing as best as I can tell....I've been waiting for this thing for a LONG time, and would love to try it - if only the dang thing would launch!

Last edited by TX-EcoDragon; 10-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

The short take off is not so silly....

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

But CLoD Su26 do this with brakes on - and no wind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fX2ftkEZuLc

Sokol1
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

I guess we won't know if the Su-26 can do it in real life with the brakes on, I rekon it has the power to do it and the brakes on those tiny little wheels can't be so great and it will probably look just as scrappy as the in game video.

all it takes is power and a light airframe and you will get off in no time...

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition