Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Question No sound in Mulitplayer, sound works in SP fine.....

As the title says, i get no sound in multiplayer. The sound works fine in all single player missions, and i hear music in the menus. I tried going into the options while logged onto the server, and while in flight, and it's not switched off in the menus.

In one session in multiplayer, i got one random burst of engine sound for about 5 seconds, i tested guns in that window, heard guns, then the engine sounds went out halfway through the machine gun burst, and the machine gun sound was audible for about half a second after when the engine sound cut out, then nothing.

I'm not sure what my sound card is, Belarc just comes back with "High Definition Audio Device (2x)". My system is a gateway FX6800-03h, and no amount of google searching could return a definitive answer on what type of sound card this thing has, sorry.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Just tested MP sound works fine, well at least it works the same as before, is it onboard as maybe there is a conflict somewhere, sorry cant be of more help as it seems to be working for the rest of us.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

i have same issue. MP only.
Sound card is xfi xtreme gamer.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

.....Tried multiplayer again. Sound worked fine from the beginning, then about 10 minutes in, the sound cut out completely for about 30 seconds, then came back.

Very strange.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Definately still something wrong with the sound. Just playing the Black Death track sounds are missing on many of the planes. This is nothing new but it point to something wrong.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Same problem here.

I had no problem with the sounds in previous versions of the game (beta patches included). Now after few minutes flying in MP, all sounds are missing.

I'm on W7 64Bits and the sound card is a integrated one. (Mother board ASUS P6T Deluxe V2)
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Im having the sound problem aftrer using the FMB, when ever i test it, I have no gun sounds or engine sounds, but if i go to menu, and then back to game, it somtimes comes back?
Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

I have same issue Only MP. The sound ok until couple of minutes, maybe half hour. Starts ripping with short interruptions then the sound. Finally totally silent.
I have no sound card, only onboard audio (Asus M3N78 motherboard).

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

I am having a sound issue now as well, It has only happened in MP and is intermittent. I had the problems on the REPKA server but not on the Syndicate server, but I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

S! Stubing, it’s been a while.

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

I have was flying as well on the REPKA server when I encountered the problem. Maybe it's a problem with a script ?

I have done some tests in this server:

- Changing sound configurations: No effect
- Changing planes: With the spit I have been able to fly more time than with the 109, but I have also lost the sound: No effect
- Reinstaling Sound card's drivers: No effect.
- Enabling steam cloud: This has allowed me to fly more than 40 min. with an 109 without sound problems. I have to test this more tomorrow in order to check if the problem is solved doing this. I suppose that the conf.ini is somehow changed. (obsolte entries are causing problems??)

Last edited by Iku_es; 05-19-2011 at 09:26 PM.