Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info Anton!

Looking forward to the demo
Old 02-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

I do agree that only the few people that get on this forum really know about BoP (I've been reading this forum but never posted anything).

IMO you guys really need to make another trailor and widely advertise it to get players' attention away from HoE and Battle Stations and towards you guys and IL2.

Also, I really doubt making IL2 for DS and PSP is worth delaying the game by another quarter. Its only going to make players suffer (watching the trailor for the first time and realizing you have to wait a year or so to play it).

All in all, I love what you guys are doing but the wait is killing us. I have told everyone I know about this game(so far that is the only way its truely getting around) we are excited and cant wait to play.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
it is not good idea to release games in June (which was possible), and, it is very likely we'll release Demo version first - which also takes a bit of time.

Unfortunate June won't happen--earlier even better.
I hope this doesn't get put off to the annual onslaught of games that come in the Fall. A lot of good games get completely overlooked due to the sheer volume of releases that dilute all of their sales. People simply can't afford to buy all games that look good all at one time like that. It's too bad more games don't come out throughout the year so they can all get the attention they deserve. You could have a great game, but release it amongst all of the others and the sales won't really reflect how successful the game *could* have been if it had come out at a time when it could get more attention. I'd say that's especially true for a game that's different than other console offerings, that will require many gamers to consider playing something new to them. Not everyone has played the PC game, you need attention and people that want a new game. Wait until that usual Sept-Nov stretch, and that's not good.

This game is the biggest release of the year for me, I want it to succeed so we get more in the future.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Hey,

I totally agree with you two guys above!

Holding back the game for a simultaneous release on handhelds would be crazy.

Releasing anywhere close to the busy season would also be crazy. So many games did poorly last year just because of the time they were released and what they we competing with. Mirrors Edge is an excellent example.

This game needs some breathing space from the crazy period. Based on what we've seen (i know it's not much) i think it will be receiving excellent reviews. The developers have done their job, but i can't help but feel that the publishers are making some questionable decisions.

No disrespect intended - i just want to see this game do well.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Hey,

I totally agree with you two guys above!

Holding back the game for a simultaneous release on handhelds would be crazy.

Releasing anywhere close to the busy season would also be crazy. So many games did poorly last year just because of the time they were released and what they we competing with. Mirrors Edge is an excellent example.

This game needs some breathing space from the crazy period. Based on what we've seen (i know it's not much) i think it will be receiving excellent reviews. The developers have done their job, but i can't help but feel that the publishers are making some questionable decisions.

No disrespect intended - i just want to see this game do well.
I totally agree. Come on publishers, pull your finger out.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

I reserved this game as soon as it hit the book at Gamestop. I believe in the Gamestop book it says 6/27/09. (Give or take a day) I guess this goat will be waiting a bit longer. This also is my most anticipated release of 09. That's okay though. Take all the time you need to make this game as great as I imagine it will be.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

Default Thanks for agreeing

I used to play this game all the time til my PC got destroyed and i bought a xbox360 and i can't wait to be united once again and on my favorite console!

With other popular past PC games going to consoles like ArmAII and OFP2 coming out soon (or at least got more press attention in a shorter time), IL2 should come out in the same trimester or release a good demo (probebly one map with 2 or 3 planes?) and it would be a huge hit!

I know this game is going to be huge but I (and aperently everybody else here) are greatly concerened about when it will be released.

Please make us smile...
Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Looking forward to this game, play on the Pc version and have always wonderd why the 360 or ps3 hasn't had a good realistic flight sim developed.

Been reading all the posts about this game and its good to see Anton keeping us informed and answering what he can.

505 done a good job of premoting Armed Assault when it first came out so maybe soonish they'l do their thing.

In the meantime ive sent a message off to xbox's 'SentUAMessage' asking if there are any flight sims being released for the 360. I know there is but maybe theyl do a piece on it - and that will give it its first bit of advertisment!

Last edited by PooHew; 02-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

S~ All. I am one that never post, but keep a eyeball here every day
for news. Im a hard core il2 player and skinner, you will be serprised how
many people await the birds of prey. Buying 2 copys day one just to support
the devs.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
S~ All. I am one that never post, but keep a eyeball here every day
for news. Im a hard core il2 player and skinner, you will be serprised how