Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Default Ok....

We're moving into February and we still aren't seeing much in the way of promotion for BoP. It might be nice to beat HoE to the punch and hit the media with a bunch of movies or dev interviews soon wouldn't it? I, for one, don't want to see what happened to Flatout:Ultimate Carnage happen to this game. Small Finnish developer Bugbear created the best looking/driving racer on the 360 but because there was no promotion or word of mouth, it was swallowed up by the massive marketing push of the 1 dimensional Burnout series.

Shame really...
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

this game is actually doing rather well on the PR side of things.

they have released i believe 3 videos showing the game engine and gameplay , and there are some dev walkthroughs hidden across these boards.

If you look in some of the threads you will see great questions answered by the CEO of gaijen

I could name a few games that are doing MUCH MUCH worse on the PR side of things. such as gearbox's aliens colonial marines.

anyway

Im sure they are working on press stuff right now for the game.

Anton has not been on for awhile so that means he has been rather busy with things
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

I think some hd vids on xbl would be a great way to generate interest.

Also a new 'hands on' session with the major gaming sites (ign, txb, gamespot etc) would be good. I think it was June 08 that these major sites last mentioned bop.

Love it or hate it hype is the way games are sold these days. With battle stations and Heroes over Europe coming out around the same time, bop will need a rocksolid marketing campaign. (marketing is what I do - anton, send me a message if you need a hand with the Australian marketing campaign).
Old 01-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

X Blades is releasing soon, Anton's probably busy with that. I'm looking forward to HAWX and Heroes over Europe but they're just stop gaps til BoP. But yeah, we need just a little snippet of info to keep us going..
Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Sorry Guilty, but other than the 6 or so of us that frequent this BoP forum, I don't think the buried dev interview links are really getting out to the masses. Judging from the number of us on this forum, I don't think too many people are coming here...

I shouldn't have to go hunting through 25 clips on YouTube to find an interview with one of the devs that has terrible sound and another interview going on in the background...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

I keep eagerly checking every week, hoping to see some new info on this game. The wait is killing me. With the lack of a website, promotion, etc., I get the feeling that we may not see this game for quite a while.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

I check up on this forum fairly regularly. My friends and I are convinced that this is going to be one of the best titles of 2009. Within my gaming community we are quite excited about this game.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
I keep eagerly checking every week, hoping to see some new info on this game. The wait is killing me. With the lack of a website, promotion, etc., I get the feeling that we may not see this game for quite a while.
Yeah i'm still hoping for a quarter 2 release. But it is not looking likely.

The only games i'm interested in for 2009 are IL2 and Codemasters Formula 1. Unfortunately both are looking like Qtr 3 or 4 releases.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Yeah i'm still hoping for a quarter 2 release. But it is not looking likely.

The only games i'm interested in for 2009 are IL2 and Codemasters Formula 1. Unfortunately both are looking like Qtr 3 or 4 releases.
Sorry guys for my absence - was quiet busy with Beta.
Although we already have Beta on our hands, I can confirm that Q2 is unlikely.
There are few reasons, the main are: Publisher want to make simulatneous release for all platforms (including handhelds), than it is not good idea to release games in June (which was possible), and, it is very likely we'll release Demo version first - which also takes a bit of time.
Also, publisher wants some gameplay changes for 'arcade' difficulty mode (basically, make arcade mode more arcade). It won't affect 'realistic' and 'simulation' difficulty levels, so don't panic.

Good news - we will be able to spend additional month or so on polishing the game.
Of course, I still can't name you the exact Street Date - cause I am not allowed to. And, once again - it will be released this year
Old 01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Sorry guys for my absence - was quiet busy with Beta.
Although we already have Beta on our hands, I can confirm that Q2 is unlikely.
There are few reasons, the main are: Publisher want to make simulatneous release for all platforms (including handhelds), than it is not good idea to release games in June (which was possible), and, it is very likely we'll release Demo version first - which also takes a bit of time.
Also, publisher wants some gameplay changes for 'arcade' difficulty mode (basically, make arcade mode more arcade). It won't affect 'realistic' and 'simulation' difficulty levels, so don't panic.

Good news - we will be able to spend additional month or so on polishing the game.
Of course, I still can't name you the exact Street Date - cause I am not allowed to. And, once again - it will be released this year

From the horse's mouth...Thanks Anton.