Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Saitek Aviator for Xbox360

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/av8rxbox.htm

Anybody have any news on this or know if it will be compatible with BoP?

Looks promising anyway.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Should be compatible. And it also works with the PS3...WOOT!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Approved Member

Xlnt
Old 01-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

I've just ordered one from Playasia.com. When it arrives I'll post some feedback. Jeez I hope it's BoP compatible.. Anton, any idea yet?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

I ordered one directly from Saitek. $63 with 2 day shipping, not too bad.
It's ok. A little light, the stick could have more resistance, ideally.
Currently works with AC6 and Blazing Angels, due to a switch on the side that changes configurations. Actually makes BA2 fun now, I couldn't stand the controls prior to this. Over G Fighers...it does work, but throttle is controlled by buttons on the front side facing the player. Not great. Otherwise, it is fun to use in OGF.
I emailed Saitek for details. They say that MS put out a default flight control scheme after OGF had come out. The AC6 layout is standard. They confirm, like on their webpage, that this works with AC6 and BA2 and will work for HAWX. I replied asking specifically about IL2 (main reason to buy this) but no reply yet. If 1C can confirm using this "MS standard layout" then we're all good.
It's a fun stick, just needs some more reaslistic games to make using it make sense. The fast/arcade games involve too much fast maneuvering, making them actually harder to control with it. OGF feels GREAT other than the throttle.
Looking forward to IL2 regardless, biggest game of the year IMO, and even more so if this works out right--I expect it to work out.
This is on the 360 model. The PS3 model is a little different, at least in appearance, but probably some sort of chip I'd assume making it useable.

Last edited by Raw Kryptonite; 01-29-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Approved Member

Rudder (twist the stick) is reversed, but it works. It's not hard to deal with. The real thing is the throttle. The left/right shoulder buttons are on the front of the stick...far left, far right. That's the throttle. The buttons repeat, but still a heavy take off can be difficult or impossible. They don't repeat quite fast enough sometimes to get up to take off speed--that was with a VERY heavy A-10 in MP though.
I'm enjoying it a lot with OGF for A-10 missions though. You hardly have to touch the throttle anyway in there--it's pretty much always pegged.
Fighters I use the throttle a lot, so it's not so fun with them. A lot of A-10 missions in there though, especially if you've played through several times to unlock all missions in an area.

Still no reply about IL2, so I assume I won't be getting one from Saitek. Would still be nice to hear from 1C if they're using the standard MS layout...