Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Actually, the Stuka does a decent job on Capture the Airfield. You can grab the field, then, loiter overhead, dive down and bomb the other team if/when they try to land. If your wingmen aren't lost causes, it works pretty well.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Huge fan of the FW series, unfortunately they're horrid pieces of simulated equipment in this chapter. Spits are fun, but I'd rather get up in the BF109 series. I've yet to have much success online, but, I'm still having a ton of fun with it regardless of whether I kill or get killed.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Bit out of place to say but b-17 as ultimate bomber for me
fighter must be hurricane just flying with your frame if you get 2 shots

here is a site with all pictures of b-17 that took damage http://www.daveswarbirds.com/b-17/contents.htm
Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

I know a lot of people like the later model spitfire but after flying the mk it feels like jumping out a sports car and into a Land Rover
Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
iannik

I consider only those who have a cockpit, so hurricane ( I enjoy free flight with it) and Il-2M because it is really a tank with wings.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannik View Post
I consider only those who have a cockpit, so hurricane ( I enjoy free flight with it) and Il-2M because it is really a tank with wings.
You're right on that one. I always fly IL, usually the IL-10. Had a guy shoot my engine out on realistic, while his friend was capturing the airfield. I glided in, killed his friend with my last rocket, and went on to capture the airfield. I don't like bailing out, so I sat there until they killed me. And even though I was damaged, it took a really long time. And this one time...actually, the list is pretty long. Maybe later.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

I love my easy to fly LA5-FN with its 2 cannon, like I'm a sniper. But that's a problem because i don't like to fly over Berlin, Stalingrad, (where its hard to track enemies) (and I hate Ardennes please never select that map)

As I love Dover and Sicilia, I am frustrated to fly LA5-FN on them because I can almost hear my lobby mates saying
"What's the Fu***k Benrizz, you don't give a sh**t to history"

(Well sometimes its fun when a game starts with Russian against British, like it's an alternative history like the game "Red Alert".)

So I fly a lot of Spits, but what I'm really fan of the BF109-F4 against spit and giving them a hard time.

It's just like saying "I don't need a Spitfire to kick your ass"