Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 10-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

Question Stupid question on controls (Angle/Lights/Smoke)

Just a quick (or stupid) question about a few controls I don't seem to find in COD for the experts.

In the original IL-2 series:

1) There was a convenient command that cycled through the camara angles/zoom. So if you were in the cockpit or outside view you could click one button to have the 3 main Zoom aspects cycle through... very convenient. I can't find an equivalent in COD. Is there one? If not, this should be very easy to implement programatically. Nice so that you use one button in the joystick instead of 3.

2) There were commands to control landing and navigation lights. Is there a command for the external landing lights and navigation lights in COD? I also cannot find those in teh interface... and looking through the command "ini" I don't find it either. Are those commands available?

3) There was a "T" command to allow for smoke to come from the wingtips... useful for "air show" type stuff or for online aerobatics teams. Is this available? If not, will aircraft be given ordinance to allow "smoke generators" for air shows and tracks?

If you have info on this, please let me know... Thank you.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thank you much cheesehawk; just wanted to know if I was missing something. I would imagine that at least the last two would definitely be modelled... especially for night missions in the future (2), and (3) if we ever get that Su-26 aerobatic plane.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

that is exactly what i was trying to find and work out last week. I ended up putting the 3 views on a POV but it doesn't work as smooth as in IL2.

I am having the same problem with setting up the radiator and flaps too. We need a toggle button to toggle thru all the settings.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Hey Uber
For the 3 fov.s on my joy stix (x52) I set up a macro
so it will cycle.
Its not perfect. But maybe an idea for you.
Moxy