Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Mr maddox. Maby A2A is someone to talk to??

The way these guys work, and what they can do is just amazing. Since they not are using the simulator, but work outside the simulator these guys and there work is something the IL2 series could benefit from....

Im impressed.....

watch the vidio, its worth it...

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=22663

Last edited by Ltbear; 11-08-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltbear View Post
The way these guys work, and what they can do is just amazing. Since they not are using the simulator, but work outside the simulator these guys and there work is something the IL2 series could benefit from....

Im impressed.....

Very impressive!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

I'd really like to have a startup sequence in BoB like they showed in that vid.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Very Very good A2A team this is i call professional simulator hard and reality very very best. but the enjine is FSX no combat but only flight.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Me too!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
+another

It should be a bit late to be making requests for BoB, but hey, might as well note down what we'd all like.

It's in flight where we don't want to use a mouse for switching things, but on the ground I like the idea.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Maybe it's the other way around? I think it would be great if Oleg would allow A2A to develop planes for use in SOW (and that will probably happen), but I don't see what you think Maddox games has to learn from them. But then again I don't get a lot of what goes on around here.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltbear View Post

Im impressed.....

Il-2 and BoB - don't make mistakes with the names. It is two diferent series
Sorry what I should look there? More polygons and greate size textures? Starting procedure on spit that show shorness of this porcedure comparing to real in several times?
No selfshading, some time incorrect scaling, etc? No damge modeling at all? No working for the damage internal construction? Modeling of weapons, ballistics, explosions with pices with calculation of their hits? Should I list other things which there are totally absent or that are more complex than the whole their work?

Just several for understanding:
Their work is for single aircraft in air. No any other things of combat flight simulation that need to be running simultaniosly on the one PC. And means absence of hundreds other important things that are present in combat sim and eating resources of processor, video, etc...

For each thing there are compromisses that need to be done due to way more things to be calculated simultaniosly in a combat sim comparing to the sim where only one aircraft can fly...

Nevertheless, as I told in the past we plan to release in future special third party tools that will allow to put new content in our new series using our rules and limits for combat flight sim.

So I expect some of MS third party developers that are doing aircraft for MSFS will also develop for our sim as well. Especially if the speech is about military WWII (at the beginning of series life) and sport piston engines planes.

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 11-08-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

+1

"Just several for understanding: Their work is for single aircraft in air. No any other things of combat flight simulation that need to be running simultaniosly on the one PC. And means absence of hundreds other important things that are present in combat sim and eating resources of processor, video, etc...

For each thing there are compromisses that need to be done due to way more things to be calculated simultaniosly in a combat sim comparing to the sim where only one aircraft can fly..."

Nothing more to be said, compromises has to be done so there's no point comparing.

Last edited by addman; 11-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

If third party addons can eventually be made for SoW, it would probably be of mutual benefit if other companies could produce SoW-compatible aircraft. Maybe a situation where AI only is available to all, but the flyable/FMB ready version must be purchased. That way onliners could incorporate them.

One area I always thought SoW could exploit is the vintage civil aircraft market that FSX users have traditionally enjoyed. Imagine flying a Dragon Rapide from Croydon to Dover in Oleg's Britain.