Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
You need the crown of chaos and ghost armor, but even then you will probably get demolished.

A few key things you can do

- Disable them with magic shackles
- Do NOT feed any orc units with a summon/fodder/tank, since feeding ANY orc unit a kill will beef up EVERY enemy orc unit's adrenaline, which will increase their damage against you.
- If you do go with the "feed" / summon / fodder route because you have no choice, make sure you can counter attack hard, or continue to get them to keep hitting your fodder. They will target some key units, so try to use glot's armor, or phantom that unit, etc.

It's terribly risky though, so get ready for some massive resurrection.

I have put off some of those battles, even if I was +10 levels over the enemy hero, only because of their sheer firepower.
Wouldn't be a problem with Black Dragons, going to need some creative thinking here
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

I never think about sneaking past zig zag; always think about killing him and he's too hard. Anyways I manged to get to verona but it was a total bust; nothing good loaded there - well one small stack of royal griffons but leadership is too low to do much with them. What a bummer.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
Wouldn't be a problem with Black Dragons, going to need some creative thinking here
Black Dragons are exceptionally vulnerable to this. They have zero resistance to astral and you have no way of buffing them or healing them easily.

Perhaps you are thinking about magical damage, in which case, a black dragon is great against that.

Not that healing would help anyway, since they usually end up killing 1-3 black dragons per astral attack.

Something is terribly wrong when a stupid goblin shaman stack destroys my entire 10 black dragon stack in a single turn.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Weird things happens to me, in all my games, crown of chaos and ghost armor always spawn especially when using paladin class.

Back to topic.
I guess it's ok using Black Dragon againts blood shaman or goblin shaman, but you need warrior's caution 3 or paladin's runic armor 3 plus crown of chaos and ghost armor. Better if you have all of that. And you have rune mage to resurrect black dragons, which is available from the start.

I don't know if mass shackle works againts them, last time i check, even when they're mass shackled they can cast that 3 hit astral attack. Maybe those shamans are buggy.

From my experience, all class have their own way to go againts those shamans, either in early game or late game. Though it's better to avoid them in early game.

But if you can have several green dragons, i mean have enough of them to rechage your mana then you can defeat those shamans in early game especially as a mage or paladin, just cast invisibility on your green dragon, then you're free to do anything to those shamans, i mean thin them using any means you deems best, example are poison skull or fire bolt, you also have your pet dragon. Then when your invisibility almost over, use your green dragon to recharge your mana then cast invisibility again, repeat that process.

Anyway, to do that you need the blue dragon pet and paladin adrenaline skill or battle cry spell (i prefer adrenaline), and lots of mana (minimum is 35 or 40 mana).
Old 10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlatea View Post
Weird things happens to me, in all my games, crown of chaos and ghost armor always spawn especially when using paladin class.

Back to topic.
I guess it's ok using Black Dragon againts blood shaman or goblin shaman, but you need warrior's caution 3 or paladin's runic armor 3 plus crown of chaos and ghost armor. Better if you have all of that. And you have rune mage to resurrect black dragons, which is available from the start.

I don't know if mass shackle works againts them, last time i check, even when they're mass shackled they can cast that 3 hit astral attack. Maybe those shamans are buggy.

From my experience, all class have their own way to go againts those shamans, either in early game or late game. Though it's better to avoid them in early game.

But if you can have several green dragons, i mean have enough of them to rechage your mana then you can defeat those shamans in early game especially as a mage or paladin, just cast invisibility on your green dragon, then you're free to do anything to those shamans, i mean thin them using any means you deems best, example are poison skull or fire bolt, you also have your pet dragon. Then when your invisibility almost over, use your green dragon to recharge your mana then cast invisibility again, repeat that process.

Anyway, to do that you need the blue dragon pet and paladin adrenaline skill or battle cry spell (i prefer adrenaline), and lots of mana (minimum is 35 or 40 mana).
Sort of sad that you need all of that with the paladin just to block such an overpowered attack.

As a mage, I didn't have caution and holy armor, so my entire stack still died with crown of chaos and ghost armor.

That said, magic shackles does work, but you need enough leadership. You can test it by casting magic shackles level 2 and mouse over every unit. If that fails, magic shackles level 3 won't work on it either (fairly certain magic shackles level 3 is just mass magic shackles level 2).
Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, i think orc/goblin got the most overpowered unit now, especially the goblin, too bad i'm not a fan of orc and goblin.

It's not just paladin, all 3 classes need those i mentioned above if u want to survive astal attack using black dragon. Ok, i typed wrong, by runic armor above i mean holy armor (paladin class specific skill), and this holy armor doesn't always trigger. But caution 3 + ghost armor + crown of chaos are usually enough, and btw, my mage have caution 3.

Well, if you're lucky, i mean your holy armor also trigger, it can further mitigate their astral attack dmg to the point that it become a joke (too low dmg), last time i remember 3 astral atk from goblin shaman which almost kill 3 BDs instantly become a 200 dmg astral atk.

I need to revisit about the shackles. Well, it's great if it can work againts those overpowered unit, though i bet the leadership in impossible must be considered.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

I was wrong, I was thinking of Magic damage. There's some massive stacks of shamans and shaman goblins in Verona (all level 3 adrenalin round 1)

At the moment i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with those fights, I don't have resurrect yet.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

I just thought I'd chime in in agreement with the overpowered nature of Goblin Shamans. That astral attack is really, really nasty and seems way overpowered for their leadership. You really have to target them straight away.

The new orc/goblin units are making the game a bit harder for me this time around. I was really grinding through Verona (Impossible Paladin no losses) having to replay several fights and choosing the easiest ones. But now that I'm in Montero (level 24) I seem to be over the hump a little.

Sigh. I'm back to the old team of Paladins, Inquisitors, Horsemen, Royal Griffins and Archmages. Tried and tested team.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Yup, their damage is way too high for their leadership. If i'm not mistaken, have warrior skill onslaught 3, at lv 50 warrior or paladin can dish 25k dmg to any enemy including bosses in 2 round just by using their several astral attacks (not including those from phantom).

Another overpowered thing about that goblin is the resistance reduction at lv 3 adrenaline, this is especially againts bosses (your red or black dragon can eat baal now).

To my experience, at verona you usually won't meet threatening goblin shaman stacks. Though they become threatening at uzala and elon.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

32 Goblin Shamans just caused over 1500 dmg to my mages (5 died)