Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

Default 1st American Mission

Hi All,

I am loving this game. I have completed the Soviet and German campaigns, but I am stuck on the 1st American mission for a very strange reason.

Here is my issue. I reach the church tower no problem and no alarm has sounded. Unfortunately, it looks like the contact is at the top of the tower and I can't find a way to climb to the top. I go inside the tower and click on the top and my men run outside. I have tried a bunch of ways. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? What is frustrating is that the mission has been easy to that point. I have saved there, but can go no further.

Thanks ahead for any help.

Engirush
Old 12-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

I just walked near the tower and the guy started talking. Maybe there are Germans nearby and the contact wont come out until the area right around the tower is clear. Ive played this mission 1 time and hated it, found it to be the hardest of all the missions, so I might be wrong. As for after you talk to that contact you have to attack the base...that is a pain in the tailpipe +P
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

You are right. I was focused on getting up to the top of the tower. If you call all the Germans nearby, he just walks up and talks to you.

I agree about the mission. It is just ok. Game in general is great though. I had so much fun on the last American mission. I had to turn it to medium and go through several times, but it is so rewarding to work it out...

Now, if I can learn to be a little faster in multiplayer....

Engirush
Old 02-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Can you tell what you do after you loaded up your truck and drive over to your contact. The guys just stays there and I have no idea how to get him to take over my truck. Do I need to kill all the Germans? They are not even close.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Your supposed to defend the little base while the truck is being loaded. Then once they give the go ahead to drive away you drive off the end of the map where the little squad of Partisans have a defense set up, its on the opposite end of where the base is. Your supposed to meet your contact before you go in the base, not meet him with your truck.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply... unfortunately there was no defense waiting for me so I had no idea which way to go. At first I thought it was the bridge from where the truck first came. I managed to take over the tank that came to block the bridge and move it out of the way but all the truck did was stop in the middle of the bridge. After trying different routes, I looked on youtube for the exact one. I drove the truck through that road and the mission finally ended. I wish it would've shown a waypoint. Oh... and if too many opposing tanks you destroy block the exit to the compound, how do you move them out of the way? At first I thought I could use dynamite on the walls... but it didnt work.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

That would be a bit of bad luck. You would have to use some kind of tank to move the hull out of the way.
When the truck is ready to drive out if you go to objectives and click on the binoculars it shows you where to go.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Registered Member

Well... i figured out i had a bad installation. I reinstalled the game and everything worked the way it should.