Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 07-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb A couple questions regarding Men of War (Please help)

Hi, I played Men of War (steam version) before but forgot about it, and was thinking of getting back into it - I just love realistic games such as Il-2, Red Orchestra, Falcon 4.0 (stilll learning.) However, as I was browsing some forum pages, I stumbled across some questions:

1. Is the Steam version still "out of date?" Do I have to manually patch it after I download from Steam?

2. I noticed a stand-alone expansion "Red Tide" being out. And another two Men of War games in the works. Are the two games that are in development just "expansions," or true sequels? Reason why I'm asking is because I would like to buy the true sequel(if it's being developed) rather than expansions to the game such as Red Tide.

3. Is Red Tide worth it in your opinion?

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

when your steam version use 1.17.5 - thats the last stand.

Red Tide is out since last year.
Men of War: Assault Squad should be released end of 2010.

when you like singleplayer missions - i think Red Tide is ok.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

First of all, do not get Men of War from Steam. Get it from a local retailer if they sell it. Get Red Tide from Gamersgate.

Red Tide is for the more experienced players, very difficult for most. Difficult as in take one guy with little ammo and take out entire divisions. If your looking for a challange, and something to keep you busy yes, its worth it.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
First of all, do not get Men of War from Steam. Get it from a local retailer if they sell it. Get Red Tide from Gamersgate.
i agree 100%. game as steam version have a bad patch situation. most you must wait much longer to get a patched version as DVD/CD/ other download version.

gamersgate is a good choice and you can use "normal" patches from games (hardcopies).
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

I like Redtide sure its way hard, but that the challenge. It was very disappointing that it didn't come with MP to change up the MoW game play as the tanks in Redtide are very much more infantry support and not lone monsters.

Saying that the "storyline" or the pretence of one (keeping one guy alive in the missions and some micro history lessons) is better than with MoW which quite frankly is about as bad as they come. Sorry to put the hate on but IC really do have some huge gaps in their game (puntastic!)

The Game play in AS has got sharper larger units and some extremely good elite units and freshen the game and can put enough AT on the field so you always have a couple of options for pesky armour.

I'd love to see MoW V done with the same brush Battlefield Vietnam I want some dirty infantry fighting, ambushing, traps, tunnels XD. The issue with that war is that the USA looked so unbeatable on paper you need to balance the game so well and try and simulate the type of warfare that was being played out.

So much can be done with MoW if I was EA I'd buy the franchise and add some Hollywood voice actors or some soundalikes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Battlefield 1942, Secret Weapons of WWII, Road to Rome, Vietnam, BF2, BF2142 Deluxe, BFBC2, Battlefield heroes. Why bother buying MoW? I wouldn't.

Wouldn't like it if Men of War ever got bought by another company.