Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrius View Post
You're just telling me to get a refund?
Because i cannot imagine what else Steam can do.

Anyway nothing against you Trucker of course. It's just such a shame that a product i still on sale while having issues like this.
It's not good for the "image" of 1C
You blaming the wrong people. In this case it's the Dev's that left, and apparently took all their secrets with them. It's not 1C's fault. We don't know what the contract between 1C, and the developers include. So it would be unfair to blame them for actions taken by the Dev's.

But let's get back to the basics. You're using a laptop/notebook in an attemp to play this game, and it's just not really the best platform for RNR.

You are also using GeForce GT540M that is not optimal for running this game See here and here. The "M" tells me you're using a laptop/notebook. Your system is fine for running documents, spreadsheets, etc., and some low/mid-end CPU games. It's not meant for a game like this, that is poorly optimized from the start in regards to CPU usage, and memory allocation.

You're running this game on a I3-380M that only gives you about 2.5Ghz in CPU speed. There's just simply not enough power here to get this game going. So it's not 1C or Steam that is the issue here... it's your system, as shown here. Many people buy laptops/notebooks for the wrong reason. It's not, and never has been designed for the gamer, or to replace a destop computer. It was designed for people on the go (work & students). Sure it can play some games, but don't expect the quality to be the same as a desktop. Especially with some of the more demanding games made after 2010, which is when your system came out.

Here is a post I made in this "Technical Category", and is the best way to get this game to run with the least amount of errors. Anything less is pot-luck.

Recommended System Requirements (Best to get this game to run properly).
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3,0 GHz
Memory: 2,0 GB Ram (I recommend 4GB)
Video card: DirectX 9.0 compatible, NVIDIA 8800 or Radeon HD 3870 with 256 MB or higher (I recommend 512MB, or more)
Sound card: DirectX 9.0 compatible
Hard disc: 10 GB free HD space
CD ROM: PC DVD-ROM

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.