Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 02-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

Default Any tips for manipulating multiple infantry squads all bunched up?

I find it difficult to click on individual soldiers, like Machine gunners, in the chaos of battle, and have them go where I want. And dragging a box around a bunch usually messes up my squad structure.

Do you guys instead use those convenient icons located to the left of the screen, opposite the "call in" units? I know that double clicking on those icons will center me on that unit.

Any advice is appreciated.

rick
Old 02-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickApple View Post
I know that double clicking on those icons will center me on that unit.
the key "c" have the same effect as doubleklick.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

idk of any real way to quickly sort through troops either lolz. I guess mass confusion and chaos is the name of the game when it comes to RTS games. Those icons on the left of the screen prolly wont help much for picking out individual soldiers b/c the icons dont tell soldiers apart they just tell what class the solider is.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

yea thats why I always like missons when you have 4-6 man,or when you are defending;I find it diffcualt to attack with 20 soldiers and a tank in the same time.

btw I think there are squads,like you select 4 units press Shift and 1 and then whenever you press 1 you get your units,but I nevery tryed that
Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi120 View Post
yea thats why I always like missons when you have 4-6 man,or when you are defending;I find it diffcualt to attack with 20 soldiers and a tank in the same time.

btw I think there are squads,like you select 4 units press Shift and 1 and then whenever you press 1 you get your units,but I nevery tryed that
Yeah thats for I think making squads so u can quickl select that squad. You select 1 man, then hold down Shift+ a 1-9 key then while holding that down you click individual men and they join the squad. i think you can then hit the number of the squad and it will select it. Ive only done the squad making, not the squad selecting part haha