Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Make a collectors edition in a oldschool cardboard box with cloth map, cheesy artbook, printed manual, but no plastic toys please, we're not eight year olds, (dude).
Old 10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

oh, the joy. They kan milk this game as long as they want. I wil buy it all
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

I'm very excited about this announcement! It's also unexpected: I had thought that Crossworlds would be the last game in the series (I recall some discussion that implied it), so it was doubly nice to hear about Warriors of the North.

And this motivated me to start another round of Crossworlds. As much as I love the various fantasy TBS series, KB is still by far my favourite franchise.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joasoz View Post
oh, the joy. They kan milk this game as long as they want. I wil buy it all
Yep. I don't care about a new engine. This one is fine. Just give me a whole new campaign and I will be happy again. This is pretty much my favourite game series ever.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

Only thing I would really like to see from the basic formula, is make is so you can have as large of a force in your army as you want, but the number of troops you take into a fight is limited by your leadership. Will save a whole lot of micro management and running back and forth buying troops.

That is, if you have 1000 knights in your army, but only leadership for 20, then you take 20 with you into the fight.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Yes, this is a very good idea. Running back and forth buying troops is a waste of time.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Yep. I don't care about a new engine. This one is fine. Just give me a whole new campaign and I will be happy again. This is pretty much my favourite game series ever.
Don't worry, the campaign will be absolutely new
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Do you know if the english version will be available at the same time as the Russian version or will there be a deep (long) lag.

Also is the new campaign long? To be honest I liked the campaign structure of the original (Legend) much better than the island hopping nature of crossroads. Mind you the story was not the best but (for me) it was the general direction I prefer (I understand why crossroads was easier to construct). Anyways do you know much about this new campaign and direction?

(Engine (for me) is fine. A few minor refinements wouldn't hurt but overall the graphics and mechanics are super duper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Don't worry, the campaign will be absolutely new
Old 10-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Great great news.

I have some suggestions.

Scrolls
Make the scrolls when used to be at same power as your level magic. If you have level 3 Order magic then when you use chain lighting scroll it wil be as strong as your 3rd level spell chain lighting. This will make your scrolls very useful when you run out of mana, and you will have a good reason to buy expensive scrolls more than one, stacking them and using in needy situations.

Gameplay
I play only on impossible mode, it is most challenging and interesting. In KB TL it is easy early game, and it becomes harder and harder later. I liked that. In KB AP it is the opposite, in the beggining it is hardest, and it becomes easier and easier to the end. I prefer when it is easy until level 10, so you can really see and explore what items and units you get available in shops, etc, and see what you gonna build, and then i want the game to become harder and harder, like it was in KB TL.

Remember Islands of freedom, when you defeat the turtle at level 4 and go to IoF and collect various goods, it is highly exciting and funny, then you dominate until level 10, and then the real challenges comes, and really incredibly hard to play. That is great gameplay.

Heroism
I am glad that in this new game you will have a male hero. Amelia and a pet dragon are too 'soft' for feeling the power. I want a male, and for rage something that is not cute as the pet dragon. Valkiries are ok, but few of them need to be like 'Xena' or 'Gerda' but not ugly like Gerda.

Strategy
Make the strategy constantly changing and very variable. So that for win you must buy various units and items thorough the game, not only one combination. And very random so you must play different combination every time you play new game, but make it easy until level 10, so you can see what to buy and build, then afther level 10 make it a big challenge.

Quests
Huge number of side quests, that make you go to cleaned areas again, and feel that these areas are not completely "empty and abandoned" after you finish your jobs there. For example, if you do clean an area like Marshan Swamp, and finish the big quests there, then make an event trigger which will appear there a big Luna Park with frogs and various creatures playing all around, and celebrating, or maybe they open a new Wizard Witch school, and lot of students are coming around.

Good luck, having great hopes.

Last edited by DeRex; 10-19-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

KB UI design is nice, but a new design UI please.