Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

So does WoP have the I-53 Chaika available? I can't believe I forgot to ask about it. I'm sure it does in the actual game, but I don't know about the Beta? If it does, could you possibly make a short little video of it.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
So does WoP have the I-53 Chaika available? I can't believe I forgot to ask about it. I'm sure it does in the actual game, but I don't know about the Beta? If it does, could you possibly make a short little video of it.
Hi Ace. If you mean the I-153P Chaika (Seagull) then yes. Every a/c that is present in BoP will be found in WoP along with Ta-152, P-47, the Yak & LaGG (as you know) & P-40 (DLC).

I will certainly provide you with a small sample vid of the Chaika when I have the time.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
WHATTT???? You get all the planes of BoP from the start, inc P-47 & that German Ta a/c, with twice the amount of cockpits, 2 brand new a/c (LaqGG 3-35 & YaK 7b) plus an unbroken P-51D with correct cockpit, mission replays, blah, blah & all unbroken & for under £30 ... & u moan that the 1st DLC a/c is out just after release for a mammouth £2.80.

How much did the poor BoP guys have to pay for one measly a/c & a bunch of single-palyer missions that can be readily made on WoP when the new mission builder arrives? (£7.99).

The amount of free patches WoP has received since the astronomically over-priced P-40 () has included fully animated landing gear & wheels, added camera views, realistic cockpit scratches etc etc.

Hey buddy; SCREW THAT THEN!!! The loss ain't mine!!!
I'm just sick and tired of developers trying to get more money out of their game by taking something they developed at the same time as the original game and expecting you to pay more to get the whole thing. I have no problem with the price of later DLC packs. I bought the BoP one after all.
Those patches sound cool. Unfortunately, my PC is at the low end of what will run WoP so I won't notice stuff like that anyway. There aren't enough new planes shipping with the game for it to be worth it if it doesn't really look any better than BoP on my PC. I had hoped for many more planes than BoP, but if there's only a few and you have to pay for some of them, then I'm just not interested.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Approved Member

Have any of you ever considered that the flight sim scene is such a nitche market that they have to do things a certian way so that they can make money to complete the game ?

You have a couple small dev houses out there making games like WOP and ROF and its very clear that they don't have the funding to finish the game 100% , the only way you will EVER even see the game they are making , is for them to sell the core of the game then take the money from those sales and use it to continue making the game and then selling add on planes and such , to enable them to continue the evolution of the game.

Yet it seems people don't understand that and then don't support the game that is being made just for them ! It blows my mind that people don't understand that.

You can say what you like , we all have our own opinions on things, but I just see less and less Combat sims, Thank heavens we have a Mod community or we would be playing 10 + year old games that never got better.

I love this nitche market and if the only way I can get new games is to buy the game as its still being made then that is what I will do.
The alternative is to Bleak for me.

DESODE
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post
Have any of you ever considered that the flight sim scene is such a nitche market that they have to do things a certian way so that they can make money to complete the game ?

You have a couple small dev houses out there making games like WOP and ROF and its very clear that they don't have the funding to finish the game 100% , the only way you will EVER even see the game they are making , is for them to sell the core of the game then take the money from those sales and use it to continue making the game and then selling add on planes and such , to enable them to continue the evolution of the game.

Yet it seems people don't understand that and then don't support the game that is being made just for them ! It blows my mind that people don't understand that.

You can say what you like , we all have our own opinions on things, but I just see less and less Combat sims, Thank heavens we have a Mod community or we would be playing 10 + year old games that never got better.

I love this nitche market and if the only way I can get new games is to buy the game as its still being made then that is what I will do.

DESODE

I second that!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post

DESODE
... As do I. Very well put across & couldn't agree more!!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
Hi Ace. If you mean the I-153P Chaika (Seagull) then yes. Every a/c that is present in BoP will be found in WoP along with Ta-152, P-47, the Yak & LaGG (as you know) & P-40 (DLC).

I will certainly provide you with a small sample vid of the Chaika when I have the time.
Thanks a lot Hawk. I would have done it myself, but my paychecks have become a little light lately, and it's a bitch. Anything you have in the video, I'm sure to love. Just get A LOT of cockpit shots, so I can see if it's accurate? Thanks again my good friend.