Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 11-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Basic beginner questions!?

Hi,
I haven't played a whole lot but I played it thru at hard atleast.
I still consider myself very newbish after reading some no-casualty
stuff on here and just wanna ask a few prob obv things.
1) When I use sacrifice spell, will these count as casualties in the end? I think so.
2) About the spirits. Is this good prioritizing? sleem: Gloths, Cloud, Shoal, Spit lina: chargers, gizmo, thorns, orb ( seems like most prefer orb over gizmo?) sword-guy: underground blades, rockfall, wall, sword
reaper: timeback, black hole, rage drain, soul drain ( with warrior i would trade placed rage- and soul-drain. )
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

If by "played it thru" you mean you finished the game, I sincerely cannot consider you as a newbie.

As for your questions:
1) Yes, sacrificed units count towards your casualties unless: a) you sacrifice enemy troops (by first hypnotizing them) b) you find a way to bring back your lost troops (ie. Resurrect, Timeback).
2) It depends how you play the game. For example, in a no-casualties run, Lina's Gizmo is not that useful for me since it accidentally kills off enemies I want to keep alive for a while. I would leave Glots Armor with no upgrades if possible since it usually just lasts one hit anyways, so might as well leave it at a low rage cost. Do prioritize Chargers and Rage Drain though, as these are useful for whatever play style.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Hi,
Yes I finished it. I got a good clue about units and how and when to use them. Where I feel bad is probably with the spellbook. I used to go lightning or geyser like every turn but now Im trying to understand the usage of such as invisibility, dragon arrows etc ( which i realize i have underestimated severely ) . From what I have read on here I get the feeling that chaos magic is just crap, perhaps level 2 at best for sac only? even with a mage i would go disto and order 3.
Thats a great point about the armor and quite logical at that.
I'll try to come up with something else. for now im gonna waste my life trying for a level 31 game. has it been done, on whatever difficulty?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Level 31 can be done if you are using a bug in the game.If you don't intend to use it then don't waste your life trying to get level 31.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Absolutely. I was the one who pointed out the bug the first time, and exploted it to discover its extent before posting, in order to give a proper info. It took 1831 suppressions (or somewhere around that number, it's been quite a while) of the buggy item to get there on impossible. On normal, it should be halfway that number, but if I were you, I wouln'd be as stupid as myself

EDIT: Even if you become a suppression machine like myself, it will take about a minute game time for 2 suppressions and about 3 minutes real life time (I was doing that in 1.5 minutes in the end) to do the actual suppression. That is (let's round it up) 1850 x 3 = 5550 minutes (92 and a half hours) or say, 900 x 3 = 2700 minutes (45 hours). You can imagine what kind of grinding that is and how long it takes.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-02-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Hah okey my bad, i thought it was doable with early learning and stuff from
what I had read on here. What would be your next move with a mage at impossible, looking atleast for a while to not lose a unit, having cleared everything reasonable with the 16 found vampires, in greenwort, forest, swamps and arlania. I guess what i need is a way to beat the turtle, lacking all the proper spells and no inquisitors available. No gloths yet. fireball and crap spells.
Okey gloths too at early level 6..

Last edited by Svidler; 11-03-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Get a unit with 100+ HP (so that it can survive the turtle's attack) and the healing spell (you should have it by now, it's easy to get and learn). Put the tough unit at the turtle's beak (never attack with it, only defend), use archmagi to cast magic shield on it regularly and 3 other ranged units to gradually reduce the turtle's HPs.

The vampires won't do it though - they're undead and the healing spell will act as a damage spell, so try to find some griffins, horsemen or knights.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Yeah thx will try this but I think
I did once and it still stomped the crap out of all army
even though i had a unit on the closest square without attacking.
But whatever I trust you guys more
To conclude my weird all-topic tread; best game ever
and Im glad even the best players can give advice, and quickly at that.

DGDobred, it worked ridicously well, cant believe i didnt try it earlier. I realize now that last time
I had the unit defending on the side not under the nose.. :$

Last edited by Svidler; 11-03-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

if you scan the sarcophagus in the graveyard there is a good chance that you will stumble upon ancient vampires,
if you are lucky enough to get some than even 1 ancient vampire will be able to kill the turtle
Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svidler View Post
Hi,
Yes I finished it. I got a good clue about units and how and when to use them. Where I feel bad is probably with the spellbook. I used to go lightning or geyser like every turn but now Im trying to understand the usage of such as invisibility, dragon arrows etc ( which i realize i have underestimated severely ) . From what I have read on here I get the feeling that chaos magic is just crap, perhaps level 2 at best for sac only? even with a mage i would go disto and order 3.
Thats a great point about the armor and quite logical at that.
I'll try to come up with something else. for now im gonna waste my life trying for a level 31 game. has it been done, on whatever difficulty?

never say chaos sucks please

i love chaos magic and i finished a mage game with mostly using chaos spells

the thing u want is ALOT of intelligence

more intelligence means more damage

it's cool to see 2 fire storms killing 80% of the enemy stack on impossible ^^