Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

Default Fw-190?

Went a local airshow this last weekend. Saw a FW-190. Question. Anyone think this plane is an original FW-190 or a reproduction/replica?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
Old 10-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Did a little Googling and came up with the registration number (N190RF) but conflicting reports. Some say it was built in 1944 and restored using some additional parts from Flugwerk and others suggest it's a FW190A-8/N from Flugwerk themselves.

My guess is that it's powered by a real BMW801 engine as it has a three bladed propeller and all (?) of the Flugwerk aircraft I've seen have four bladed propellers from the ASh-82 engine they use.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Flugwerk doesn't do restoration, but they try to have at least one original part on each of their machines, so that they can call it a restoration.

Also, all of their Fw's I've seen had three bladed prop.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

That aircraft is a new built Flugwerk reproduction A-8N, it does not have the original BMW but the Russian Ash (made in china) instead. It is owned and operated by Rudy Frasca, who operates several other warbirds, beautiful machine.

see:
http://www.airventure.org/news/2011/110728_fw190.html

There is only one original flying Fw-190 (an A-5) owned by the Flying Heritage Collection, and that aircraft is a restoration with the original BMW engine, it's a beaut and insanely rare.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g4wOeU0IGI.../fw1900615.jpg

There is one more original FW-190 and BMW 801 under restoration, White 1, an F-8 model, by the White One Foundation.

It's become kind of my hobby keeping track of some these planes
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 PM
zipper

Hey - I was there! (Nut Tree Airport, I,m from AmCan).

That is, as previously noted, Rudy Frasca's FlugWerk 190, but it is powered by an R2800 C series (split nose case), maybe a CB16? Couldn't see the tag. I believe it is the only one so powered. It's using a standard Ham Stan hub with carved down blades (no idea which blades they started with). Note the lower fuselage/cowl line, looks like the 2800 is just a little large compared to the 801 and ASh 82 versions as the lower cowl seems bulged a bit (the regular Flugwerk cowl is just a bit goofy in several ways anyway). Did you notice the string of oil coolers inside the cowling? As to the three blade prop, at least one of the replicas that are using the ASh-82 (this was used on the La5/7, ironic, eh?) are staying with (temporarily?) the four blade prop (cut down a bit, maybe?) that it comes with from the IL-14 since a failure of Flugwerk's custom three blade prop assembly (one blade went to negative pitch apparently) led to a ditching of a plane in Europe recently.

Last edited by zipper; 10-14-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

Default FW190 in Aus?

Morning all.

Last year, I visited the Emu Gully Air and Land Spectacular near Toowoomba in QLD, Australia. Great day out, and lots of aircraft up and flying, including a 3/4 scale Spitfire, Tiger Moths and an FW-190. How this ended up in Aussieland I'll never know, but here's some pics for you:

It looks authentic enough, but as previously mentioned there may be modificatons that aren't apparant from the outside. Either that or I'm a total noob and missed something obvious...

And one last thing, can anyone tell me what the heck this is?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tally-ho,
Scott.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Nice pictures! The Fw-190 is a 3/4 scale replica, and the bottom aircraft is a Yak-18A I believe painted in Japanese colors.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Default More Warbirds Down Under

Correction: on Googling the registrations (why did I not think of that earlier?)

VH-FWB is an 80% scale Focke-Wulf 190 that tours around Queensland for various airshows.

VH-YNO is a Yak-52 in Japanese World War 2 paintscheme, often accompanied by a similar aircraft in USAF scheme.

So there you have it. On the earlier subject of restoration, I have a website here that may be of interest: http://www.beaufortrestoration.com.au/index.htm

These are the people behind the plan to restore to airworthiness the only flying Beaufort bomber in the world. Quite remarkable considering they're doing it mainly from scratch!

More pics when I upload them...
Scott.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

Supposed to look like a Japanese Val. No known ORIGINALS are still flying. The Vultee BT-13/BT-15 Valiant Trainer was similar enough in appearance to be disquised as a Val for the 1970 war movie TORA! TORA! TORA!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

Want to thank all of you who replied to my question. All the info shared was helpful.