Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

My calendar always shows Friday
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze81 View Post
But seriously, I'm really curious what the update is going to be tomorrow. Assuming they keep up the weekly friday updates (Not tryin' to push the devs here!)
A video with sound or low level flight maybe!

Then "Friday 2010-01-29 Screenshots AND Discussion Thread" will go over 50 pages!!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRSwaty View Post
A video with sound or low level flight maybe!

Then "Friday 2010-01-29 Screenshots AND Discussion Thread" will go over 50 pages!!
Maybe a hundred
Old 01-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagonya View Post
Totally agree. I would go for option 2, since (although it might incorrect in strictly visual sense) this provides important information that a pilot would otherwise receive by feeling the physics. I think the present compromise (shaking visual and yet still focused view of the recticle) actually quite balanced and well thought.
I'd keep it as it is. It gives a nice feeling. Just notice, that it's not shaking at the beginning, just after he Split-Ses, the turbulences come visible. And that weather does look bad, so I excpect quite some turbulences. Still one should notice that the reticle does barely shake, so the plane is not jerking around.

The best thing would be if people could change the intensity of head shaking on a scale from 0 to 1 in conf.ini. 0 is no shake, 1 = like video. It shouldn't be in difficulty settings, as it's a matter of personal preference. No shaking wouldn't make it easier, rather harder (no stall buffeting etc).
Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
The best thing would be if people could change the intensity of head shaking on a scale from 0 to 1 in conf.ini. 0 is no shake, 1 = like video. It shouldn't be in difficulty settings, as it's a matter of personal preference. No shaking wouldn't make it easier, rather harder (no stall buffeting etc).
I think you're right - this should definitely be an option that is not tied to difficulty settings - I am not one of those people, but many people experience really bad feelings of nausea in games where head-bob is modeled too strongly, for example. I've heard of people being completely unable to play games they were really anticipating because of it.
I do remember feeling a bit queasy at first when I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with head-bob enabled.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
... this should definitely be an option that is not tied to difficulty settings.
I think so, too.

I hope they just keep those options, like they were/are in Il-2. As far as I remember, there were difficulty settings and the game applied the realism settings accordingly, but the player was still able to customize every single setting individually.

For example I liked the flight model to be set as realistic as possible, but I didn't care for the complex engine management, so I disabled that. I'm pretty sure there was also a switch for the headshake, which I had disabled as well.

So, I'm confident Oleg will keep those options available to the player, like they were in Il-2. Would work for me!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze81 View Post
I hope they just keep those options, like they were/are in Il-2. As far as I remember, there were difficulty settings and the game applied the realism settings accordingly, but the player was still able to customize every single setting individually.
Well, if it was like that it would mean that people who aren't too hot on camera-bobbing would find it a bit uncomfortable to join online games where it was set on in the difficulty options. I think having it as an option in the graphics settings would be the best bet.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Well, if it was like that it would mean that people who aren't too hot on camera-bobbing would find it a bit uncomfortable to join online games where it was set on in the difficulty options. I think having it as an option in the graphics settings would be the best bet.
I didn't think about online gaming! You're absolutely right!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

You guys realize you're nit picking a very early version of the game right?
Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Tomorrow's update?

Announcement and roll out of BoB's website. A photo gallery of aircraft in battle, the white cliffs of Dover, and a few pics of London.

Hey. If you're gonna be a bear. Be a grizzly. It would be nice to get one of these. A web site announcement would be very welcome to me.