Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Take off from Maidstone and head for Manston/Ramsgate, gaining altitude on the way.
You'll soon see messages in your chatbox saying 'such-a-body in a 109/110 killed whoever in a spit I/Ia/IIa before it could take off'.

By the time you get there you'll have a good altitude advantage so go get 'em.

And as Klem says below, do it in teams!

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 01-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

I always fly Red. We're often outnumbered but I consider that to be just a 'bad day' and also 'target rich'. I've never seen an outrageous imbalance but I'm usually on when there are 50+ on the server and it seems to settle into a moderate imbalance, say 30:20 worst case, which is ok. Not to mention historical if more blues would fly bombers.

We sometimes takeoff from Eastchurch, especially if Manston and/or Hawkinge are being vulched. The vulchers are too lazy to fly that far and work out which fields are being actively used and it doesn't take us long to get to the coastal fields from there by which time we are formed up at combat altitude and usually at an advantage over the vulchers.

I'm afraid that if you want to jump up at Hawkinge/Manston for a quick fight you are exposing yourself if vulchers are active. Also if you fight alone you are asking for trouble. You don't need to be in a squad, just get on TS and talk to the other guys, throw a 'unit' together and think before you launch.

I do think the SpitIIa's should be moved to an inland field to avoid making Manston an obvious target and reduce to some extent the impact of the IIa which the blues don't like. If you want to fly the "Uber Spit" you should have to work for it. Also, all inland fields should have either the Spit1s or Hurricanes available (maybe they do?) to encourage people away from their death-wish takeoffs on the coast.

Any other ideas requiring tactics over quick kills will prevent the server becoming a "dogfight server".

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

I don't think team balancing was a very prominent feature during the Battle of Britain.

I've often wondered, why is there always such a burning need to place online opponents on an identical footing? Always with the new rules to do this, new rules to forbid that. It tends to loose sight of real historical context and stamp out individuality of creativity in the player.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
I don't think team balancing was a very prominent feature during the Battle of Britain.

I've often wondered, why is there always such a burning need to place online opponents on an identical footing? Always with the new rules to do this, new rules to forbid that. It tends to loose sight of real historical context and stamp out individuality of creativity in the player.
This is a game. A public multiplayer game at that. There will always be rules to make sure that it's enjoyable for more people.

24 vs 10 is no fun for one side and vulchering is not very 'historic' and certainly not a 'creative' tactic...

Actually, let me clarify: Some cheap tactics are okay in light amounts, but if it's a chronic problem then we should be looking into it.

Last edited by recoilfx; 01-04-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Clarifing
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

To be honest that 24 v 10 is the worst I have seen but it is usual for one side to have 3 to 4 players more which is fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

The team imbalances go both ways, during the time I was on last night (20:00 to 22:30 EST) the teams were between 2:1 and 3:2, advantage RED.

Since the ATAG server made available the Spit IIa I have found that my only chance to defeat them is to grab a Stuka and hit them on the ground. If I'm in a 109 and I get a IIa on my six I'm as good as dead.

The Spit IIa has left a bad taste in the mouth of many BLUE pilots and that has caused them to jump to the top of the most wanted list.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post

Lmao what a load of rubbish it's bad enough in a fps when one side has more players add in historical accurate fm and then a 5 v 1 it makes a highly boring silly game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
The Spit IIa has left a bad taste in the mouth of many BLUE pilots and that has caused them to jump to the top of the most wanted list.
lol, very much on Mk.Mr X and his friends, was my fault sorry....
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Maybe we can just increase the accuracy of the AAs at low attitudes?

I fly Blue 99% of the time and I've been strafed more times than I can count. A 109 caught with no alt advantage is much vulnerable than the the brits in the same scenario.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

We just need more online players so we can have dedicated airbase patrols