Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

View Poll Results: Should we have SpitII available in servers?
No Spit1 is good enough 22 29.73%
Yes it's here we may swell us it 42 56.76%
Not bothered 10 13.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
The MkII didn't come into service until August 1940 and then only equipped a few squadrons during the 'classic' BoB period.

What we really need is 100 Octane fuel levels of boost (+12) and a proper Rotol propeller Spitfire 1a and Hurricane.

I haven't voted since Im a mission maker over at Syndicate and I am of course not ruling out introducing th SPit II. However at the moment our focus is upon achieving a stable working mission that is playable, doesn't lag too much and that the majority of people can fly on.

One we have the basis for a stable server we will look different scenarios and plane sets.
Hi mate,

Yes I completely agree with what your saying but this isn't about historical correctness its about have as close to RL performance as possible..the 109 isn't that far away bar the PP, the SpitIa is miles away in performance, you've only got to fly both and compare to see the noticeable difference right away..

Yes ok your trying to be accurate with what planesets were available but the FM isn't accurate as your already stated...if and when the Spit and hurris are fixed then remove the spitII.

I'd say the community want the SpitII in place wether 'they' will fly it or not obviously loads of people haven't voted so they are not bothered either way...personally I will still fly both and enjoy both, flying the Spit at the mo is more frustrating than enjoyable

Your server by the way is top notch and after all the decision is yours as to what you add in the missions.

But I think AC match ups in RL performance are more important than historically correct Planests ONLY because of the way this sim is right now with it's errors.

~S~
Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

I bet as soon as the SYN people would follow the Pro-Spit2-faction there will be a poll asking to remove it as blue side would start to say that the 109 is so much underpowered and it is no fun to fly against Spit2s and therefore ....

My suggestion: put on a server with your desired planeset. The people will then choose what they want.

My guess would be that the Spit-ppl will go to this server and the 109 ppl will stick to the existing ones ... And there will be PEACE in the skies ...

PS: The 109e3 is far off its nominal performance. It should make about 500 kph sea level (some cite 517) and it only makes 450 ingame. That is definitely not a tiny bit.

Last edited by 41Sqn_Stormcrow; 05-29-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
PS: The 109e3 is far off its nominal performance. It should make about 500 kph sea level (some cite 517) and it only makes 450 ingame. That is definitely not a tiny bit.
Ok, i didnt think it was by that much
Old 05-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

spit mkI is cleatly superior to e3 already, performance wise, dispite the fact BOTH pçlanes are undermodelled.

voted for "spit I only" until they fix both the E3, (intruduce CSP /e4), and fix the Spit I
Old 05-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
spit mkI is cleatly superior to e3 already, performance wise, dispite the fact BOTH pçlanes are undermodelled.
Im very very confused by that point
Old 05-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Im very very confused by that point
guess its due to spelling. sorry about that.

SPit mkI is clearly superior to E3 already, performance wise, dispite the fact both planes are undermoddeled.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Nope still dont get it mate...

Im reading that your stating the in game Spitfire mk1 is clearly superior to the 109?

That is the joke of the day right?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Nope still dont get it mate...

Im reading that your stating the in game Spitfire mk1 is clearly superior to the 109?

That is the joke of the day right?
no.

SPI will run away from 109, and will out turn it. Since the 109 cant keep up the pitch due to the bug, it simply cant Aply effectevely Bnz tatics so its doomed. i play both sides equally on MP, and the spitfire surely owns ATM.

all you have to doo is loop around the 109, just like i do in 1946, difference is in 46 a good 109 pilot will drop the loop and hammerhead your face, as it is now the 109 cant pull that out.

So, out of my experience, the spit MkI is very much superior to the 109, adding the MKII would only unbalance things even more.

Anyway, both the E3 and the mkI need some serius remodoling on the FM's.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Ok mate

most people who have voted dont agree
Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

piss on both of those planes Servers should be nothing but G50's vs Hurri's ...problem solved

S!

yes..i voted
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT