Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No601_Merlin View Post
Why do you calc 4 kilobytes (32 kilobits) per player X 128. ?

I thought it was 128 kilobits (16 kilobytes) per player upload.
1946 says 64kbps per player upsteam and i use to run a dedicated server with 22 slots on a 768 upsteam connection from my home with no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshuggahs View Post
I'm guessing from the official system req's:
Multiplay: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster

That would mean 16mbit+ just for the incoming data for 128 server wich I don't think is that much.
Taken there's way more data to be transfered with sophisticated damage & flight models etc, than your "normal" multiplayer game.
Don't think anyone would want a server of that size on anything less than a 100mbit connection anyhow.
i hope your wrong because the last time i checked a 100mbit connection at a data center was close to $500 a month...if you have something cheaper plz post a link

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAF92_Brigstock View Post
128kbps+ x 128players = 16mbps+

Which would be comfortable on datacenter hosted dedicated server.

Recommend a server host, if you're in the UK

http://www.gtxgaming.co.uk/dedicated-servers

are good
that amazing...every where arounf here (chicago) i am getting prices ($500 and up for 100mbit) so high and that does not even include a server
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
I strongly doubt the basis and the conclusions of this calculation.

A common server for a shooter uses 1600kbps for a 40-slot-server. I seriously hope CoD's netcode is not so bad that it needs over 10 times the traffic for 3 times the players...
1600kbps=1.6mbits X 3=4.8mbps...close to what i originally said but we dont know how efficient the netcode is so it really is hard to guess lets just hope that a 128 person server will be playable at all .
Old 03-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I strongly doubt the basis and the conclusions of this calculation.

A common server for a shooter uses 1600kbps for a 40-slot-server. I seriously hope CoD's netcode is not so bad that it needs over 10 times the traffic for 3 times the players...
We're just throwing numbers around at the moment, not make definitive statements.

The way it looks we won't have anything solid to go on until release.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
......that amazing...every where arounf here (chicago) i am getting prices ($500 and up for 100mbit) so high and that does not even include a server
There is always http://www.gaming-solutions.com/
I used to use the British hosts, but they do Stateside too
Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAF92_Brigstock View Post
We're just throwing numbers around at the moment, not make definitive statements.

The way it looks we won't have anything solid to go on until release.
you flamed me just a page ago for the same conclusion.

I don't like the idea either, but we're not getting any info before the community is able to test it and spreads the news. If Russia will get their version on thursday, we might have some figures at the end of the week - well, if the server is on their disc, of course.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
you flamed me just a page ago for the same conclusion.

I don't like the idea either, but we're not getting any info before the community is able to test it. If Russia will get their version on thursday, we might have some figures at the end of the week - well, if the server is on their disc, of course.
No not quite the same conclusion. Nor was it strictly a flame. If I was to flame you, the language would have been stronger. I was merely banging my head against a brick wall. You said the community doesn't know after we asked the question of Oleg or Luthier or anyone from 1c for that matter.

My current mood is that it doesn't look like they (1c) will give us an answer despite the fact that the game already gone to the pressing plant. They may still chip in with some info, all I really want to know is will COOP be a feature of the dedicated server. I'm not too worried about bandwidth. If COOP isn't then I need to shop around for a new host.

Last edited by EAF92_Brigstock; 03-23-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Anyone found any more info regarding dedicated server support for IL2CoD?

With Oleg saying 1000 AI planes in a MP mission are possible (given good enough dedicated software), we really want to be able to recreate the entire Battle of Britain. We kinda like our realism

Our server specs: (HAL9000)

Two Intel Xeon L5640 processors (twelve physical 2.26ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo)
48 GB DDR3 ECC memory
1000mbps (1 gigabyte per second) upload/download bandwidth

Any chance those that have gotten the game already could take some screen shots of the dedicated software layout screens / options / settings for those of us hosters? It would be gladly appreciated!

Sorry if this was brought up before, but this is where the search feature brought me.

Cheers!

ATAG Forums + Stats