Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Default Fix for black screen crash when starting Cryostasis in VISTA (Direct X 10, SM.4)

If you experience a game crash to a black screen when you start the Cryostasis.exe or when you attempt to change the shader model video settings (specifically when using or changing to shader model 4) and you get the BSOD and have to ctrl-alt-del to task manager to exit the program which then gives you the message "Cryostasis has stopped working".

All you have to do is reinstall Direct x 10. For some reason if Direct X 9 is installed on a dx10 system for example by installing a direct x 9 game, the direct x 10 file can become corrupt and result in errors within DX10 applications. I think this is a windows/direct x fault and not a fault of the game. Use the link below, it fixed the game for me. I hope this helps.

EDIT: This also works in the Windows 7 BETA, thats the OS I'm using so I can verify.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Last edited by davidihq86; 01-17-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

have the same problem, reinstall the November 08 version fo DX10 runtime, still getting black screen every time I set the game to SM 4. I have the lastest nvidia driver and using a G8800 GT and vista 32 bit.

Last edited by Gitaroo; 02-23-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Yeah me too now using the lastest Catalyst drivers 9.2 + Vista 32 bit + DX 10 updated + HD 4870 when try to use SM 4.0 the game crash WTF please someone fix this the lastest patch for the Ru release dont solve this
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

It worked for me, but it's still giving me screen anomalies. Blast you, Cryostasis, and your lousy bugs!