Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Default Additional maps, campains...

Hi

Am a huge fan of this game. I play it all over the time. But I wonder. If there is an editor included - are there any new maps or campains aviable? I remember that there was a lot of maps in Heroes of Might and Magic made by community. Is it similar with Kings Bounty.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Nope nothing has been produced yet. Must be because the editor is so user friendly.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

I have tried to make someting but i stopped it. You have to many error messages that you don´t understand, it is a really bad try and error editor, but you can´t really try and error if the game don´t work if you make a failure (and you can make many failures) and the error messages are not really good.

Even the editor is so complicated that you would like to throw it out of the window. You have many small windows (that you can´t make bigger) and there is always a new (even smaller) window in a option in it, but nothing is helping you. You mostly don´t knew what a function means before you tried it (if you have luck that the game starts after this).

But you can change many things fast if you work with the editor a few hours and if you understand a few things how bad he works, e.g. other units in old shops, changing the amount of units in shops, give shops all items, change item stats and so on...but you have to try and error in even the simple things.

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-30-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

There is a reason why we are not flooded with user made stuff. The release of the editor was a joke. If it had worked we would have a vibrant community here. I wish
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

I too had hoped it would be useful =(

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshadow View Post
I have tried to make someting but i stopped it. You have to many error messages that you don´t understand, it is a really bad try and error editor, but you can´t really try and error if the game don´t work if you make a failure (and you can make many failures) and the error messages are not really good.

Even the editor is so complicated that you would like to throw it out of the window. You have many small windows (that you can´t make bigger) and there is always a new (even smaller) window in a option in it, but nothing is helping you. You mostly don´t knew what a function means before you tried it (if you have luck that the game starts after this).

But you can change many things fast if you work with the editor a few hours and if you understand a few things how bad he works, e.g. other units in old shops, changing the amount of units in shops, give shops all items, change item stats and so on...but you have to try and error in even the simple things.
Really, I edited a few map, two small island (6x6), a quiet big one (10x10) plus 14 quests and I dont have any big trouble beside some crashes. Maybe the version you guys use is beta
Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

I've not actually looked at the editor, as I've not completed my first play-through yet.

Do you make changes to the main campaign or can you design stand alone adventures?

Daniel.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1darklord View Post
I've not actually looked at the editor, as I've not completed my first play-through yet.

Do you make changes to the main campaign or can you design stand alone adventures?

Daniel.
I keep all the features of main campaign and only add some islands by teleporting to, plus some quests. Have you done any map by the editor yet?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Nope not touched it all, could be tempted to at some point though.

Daniel.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Infernal1800, I wanted to know how can you use the editor to such extent since many people have been having trouble with it i.e: crashes, bugs, etc. What version do you use?

And since you have edited and created new islands and quests, could you upload your mod so we can try it?

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!