Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

I would just like to add that Exorcism is not quite as useless as suggested.

Just so you know, Exorcism works on ALL summons, not just Phantoms. Thorns from Dryads, Droids from Engineers, demons from Demonologists etc. You can't dispel those, and the damage output can be quite impressive and cripple the enemy's summons. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but you don't have to use level 3 Exorcism to still get impressive damage.

Carry on. *Disappears*
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Look at my old thread regarding Sacrifice and Astral Resistance. In the current patch, you absolutely want to have as high Astral Resistance as possible. Sacrifice will still give you the FULL benefits of the restoration, but the Astral resistance will REDUCE the damage you take.

Healing doesn't matter if the Shaman die. Every other round is still wasteful, so I would need to resurrect. Every round I do not have a counter-attack giant is potentially 30-40K less damage aggregate PER GIANT against the enemy.

*yawns*, 8500 damage is very crappy if you can consider the preconditions. To do this I need to add CRAPPY units (blood shaman and normal shaman or even one of them). Shaman die too easily compared to even the Orc Chieftain, that is more to resurrect. Also, there is a big cooldown, and it hurts the CRAPPY orc chieftain's combat abilities even more, due to loss of passive adrenaline buffs.

Anyway, so why do I say 8500 damage is crappy? Shrek team works well if the leading Giant unit blows an enemy counter attack. I will typically have the giants together for this reason and spirit strike hurts friendly units AND pushes them back. Double bad.
Sacrifice/Astral resistance combo didnt know thx for info. It`s even easier to restock my army now

For Shamans i didnt say every other but almost EVERY round with only 8 adrenaline cost, and their gain +1 adrenaline for every orc unit attack + from kills. They reset their abilities (fighting spirit) almost every round. And with full adrenaline they make 25-31 magic range dmg/heal your army, only few other 4th lvl can do anything similar (necromancer normal attack alchemist poison bomb). I never use shamans to fight, they stay behind and spam totems and magic axes, rarely they actually attack some1 with melee attack.

I mentioned spirit strike in general not connected to shrek build. 27 chieftains 8500 dmg to 2 units, 2000 physical and 6500 astral (bonus from 200 blood shamans). In same round 28 ogres did 2600 physical dmg to 1 unit. I just say spirit strike can be nice aoe dmg ability, and it`s 35-45 physical +1 astral dmg/blood shaman in army so no enemy have resistance to it. It`s aoe, but who said you need to do it near your own units ? And it cost 20 adrenaline, so you`ll lose 1 lvl of adreanline, but if you kill some1 with it it`s back up on 3 lvl so no combat stats lost. I did this with all orc army just to compare 5th lvl units.
I agree blood shamans fit more with orc range units, but their bonus to chieftains is nice to know.
In pure shrek team chieftains are weaker then other, but in comparing orc 5th lvl`s i like them more.

So exorcism use is to kill undead/demons, and demonolog can summon demon, so does that mean this spell make x3 dmg to them (they are both summoned and demon) Actually i never use it since every time i get that spell i already have some better available.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-18-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

I think Fatt, you really just need to have tried out these combat styles before decrying the spell. Level 5 armies are very strong, and often great for smooth no-loss runs. When you have 800 hit point units, a level 1 Healing Light is much MUCH less cumbersome in many situations than sacrifice, Turnback Time, etc tricks.

It's a lot like Magic Shackles. You just... need it sometimes.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

I agree that 5th lvl are great to play, and life light is handy with them it`s just that i never played Shrek team (tried 4 times, and every time one of my giant firend missing in all game, and using trophies to upgrade orc veterans is to expensive Just never had luck with shrek units.
As for dragons they are available in 100% games but not much fun to play repedetly
(1 playthrough with them was enough), and there life light wasnt much help killed my bone and not working for black`s.
It`s not that i dont know about using life light it`s just i never had opportunity for it
Only my thought for such mana/heal ratio on 3lvl it should resurrect or at least remove poison/burn. But bince almost no1 use more then 1lvl life light thats why i said it`s worthless. For pure dmg spell there are many better choices, and for heal 1lvl is more then enough, who ever need heal for 3k+ Hp no unit have so much. So there`s no need to upgrade it=worthless. Spell that is possible to use for only 7 units in all game (rune mage, red dragon, green dragon, ogre, chieftain, troll, giant) and not effective above first lvl is not something i`d pick as good spell.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I agree that 5th lvl are great to play, and life light is handy with them it`s just that i never played Shrek team (tried 4 times, and every time one of my giant firend missing in all game, and using trophies to upgrade orc veterans is to expensive Just never had luck with shrek units.
As for dragons they are available in 100% games but not much fun to play repedetly
(1 playthrough with them was enough), and there life light wasnt much help killed my bone and not working for black`s.
It`s not that i dont know about using life light it`s just i never had opportunity for it
Only my thought for such mana/heal ratio on 3lvl it should resurrect or at least remove poison/burn. But bince almost no1 use more then 1lvl life light thats why i said it`s worthless. For pure dmg spell there are many better choices, and for heal 1lvl is more then enough, who ever need heal for 3k+ Hp no unit have so much. So there`s no need to upgrade it=worthless. Spell that is possible to use for only 7 units in all game (rune mage, red dragon, green dragon, ogre, chieftain, troll, giant) and not effective above first lvl is not something i`d pick as good spell.
In the latest patch, trophies no longer are based on your leadership/enemy leadership or whatever befangled formula they had. (darn, it was so fun netting nearly a thousand trophies in a single battle).

They are based on your current experience level. If you use the trophy badge throughout the early game, you should have plenty by the time you need them.