Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Default I don't get the warrior class

I played threw the 1st time on normal as a mage and loved it. I am now playing threw on hard as a warrior and I don't get how to minimize the loses you take.

Are you just suppose to gunghoe every battle and not care about ressing your troops? IF that is the case how do you deal with one, the cost, and two having units be available.

That's also stupid because I want a set composition, but if you can't rez the units whats the freaking point.

I am currently level 29 and have been using assassin, guard droids, repair droids, engineer, and paladin. This way the droids can tank and take loses and the assassin can pick of units and the paladin can resurrect units if they take a loss. So far this is the only viable composition I have found that works.

I decided to play around with different armies, saving before making the changes, and I picked up the orc guy companion and want to use orcs, but if you go solely orcs you can't res any of them. I tried adding in paladins and rune mages/inquisitors but it just isn't enough. I don't have the res spell, no idea where it spawned this game + as a warrior don't have mana really for that.

So I just don't know what to do. It's making me mad. Am I playing the warrior wrong? Should I just not care about my army @ all and just throw them @ the enemy and just buy whatever the hell is available?

Also on the highscore list after you beat to the game how did the people on those lists stick with just one race (mainly). I just don't get it.

Also Moldok says he "teaches troops," but when you click on him there is not option to do so. How do you use this? Can you make more orc units from this?

Last edited by Zero0018; 02-20-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Ok after playing around some more I went with assassin, veteran orcs, shamans, paladins, and rune mages.

It turns out this is a disgustingly good combo lol also you can buy time with the totems cause the comp always targets them 1st which is essential.

The paladin can take care of most the res, but if need be you have the back up rune mage. So it's pretty sick.

Still would like to know the answers to my questions though
Old 02-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero0018 View Post
Ok after playing around some more I went with assassin, veteran orcs, shamans, paladins, and rune mages.

It turns out this is a disgustingly good combo lol also you can buy time with the totems cause the comp always targets them 1st which is essential.

The paladin can take care of most the res, but if need be you have the back up rune mage. So it's pretty sick.

Still would like to know the answers to my questions though
You pick units that can summon cannon fodder, disable units (Cast Slow on melee), Stoneskin and/or Target to force archers to go for stronger units, the stoneskin will protect them from most damage, Oil Mist to force ranged to move or to deal more damage from fire units like Phoenixes or Dragons.

You can use Turn Back Time or Phantom. Phantom helps you resurrect again from the paladins and/or rune mages since cloned or phantomed units have their skills reset.

Assassins are generally not good in the long run.

You can also try to throw in more ranged units.

The warrior is supposed to severely cripple the enemy in the first round. Look at his Onslaught (+ initiative) and/or Quick Draw (+ initiative ro ranged) skills.

Don't dismiss the power of your Pet Dragon either.

Sadly, to win a "no-loss" game, you almost always need Paladins or Rune Mages.

One of the strongest combinations in the game for warrior is to go

Royal Griffins
Paladins
Goblins
Goblin Shaman
Catapults

Royal griffins fly in, and you Phantom them, have them re-summon heavenly guards.

The ranged units surround the paladin, and you fire away with everything else.

Use Paladin second wind to help bolster your attack power, then Prayer to resurrect any losses.

Pet dragon will use mana acceleration so you can keep re-casting phantom, or some buff or debuff.

If you can't resurrect all units in one go, you cast Turn Back Time on the paladin OR phantom to resurrect again.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Ya the composition I'm using now is royal griffins, orc vetrans, shamans, paladins, and assassins.

I disagree with the assassins not being good in the long rung, if you use them correctly, they get stronger each battle. The "Find Weakness" ability they have is amazing. Anytime they kill a stack of units with backstab or a critcal hit they get a permanant 5% damage increase. So every battle I make sure they get 2-3 finishing kills so his damage is always going up. It's to the point where his backstab right now can finish off a stack of 8 giants or trolls lol and like 800 or so other units.

The only reason I decided to use the royal griffins is the two amazing items I found for them. One that is like +5 armor and +2 morale and the other is +5 attack of griffins and lower leadership req by 20%. They also have that always retaliate ability which is amazing. Tie this up with lv 3 frenzy and stoneskin and they are soooo kick ass. Plus they just anniliate dragons lol. I never used them on my mage so it's pretty cool.

Now for the shaman. As the game is getting progressivly harder, I have to kinda fall back with my units and setup a defensive position. I drop the healing totem and have my units form a defensive line. That healing totem increses armor by like 7 or maybe it's a percent, but whatever it is, it's insane. Plus it heals. Shaman unit is really cool. Think he should have a ranged attack though IMO.

The orc vetrans are really sick too. If the enemy counter attacks then he attacks again and those two attacks usually kill the entire stack. It's getting to the point though that I just can't run him in because he will take more losses then I can revive for.

I think I made a mistake with the spells. I decided to go for level 3 holy and get the lv 3 spellpower for magic light in the intent to make the res spell lv 3 to use as a back up. The thing is, it's not really a back up. I'm casting that damn spell like 4-6 times a battle just to make it so I don't lose any losses. This consists of using mana accelerator from my dragon a million times taking away from his dps.

I do have phantom, I will have to play around with that. I've only used it a few times on my mage. As for turn back time I didn't realize it would revive units. I just thought it would move a unit back to where he started. That's pretty freaking awesome. I haven't found it yet though. I have used target alot, it really helped.

I might try using the ranged units. I don't have any lol. What I really wanted to do was go strickly undead and play threw the game, but I don't see how you can pick just ONE race and play threw and have the units availiable + minimize your losses

How did the people in the high score list @ the end of the game do it? That's what I wanna know.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ya the composition I'm using now is royal griffins, orc vetrans, shamans, paladins, and assassins.

I disagree with the assassins not being good in the long rung, if you use them correctly, they get stronger each battle. The "Find Weakness" ability they have is amazing. Anytime they kill a stack of units with backstab or a critcal hit they get a permanant 5% damage increase. So every battle I make sure they get 2-3 finishing kills so his damage is always going up. It's to the point where his backstab right now can finish off a stack of 8 giants or trolls lol and like 800 or so other units.

The only reason I decided to use the royal griffins is the two amazing items I found for them. One that is like +5 armor and +2 morale and the other is +5 attack of griffins and lower leadership req by 20%. They also have that always retaliate ability which is amazing. Tie this up with lv 3 frenzy and stoneskin and they are soooo kick ass. Plus they just anniliate dragons lol. I never used them on my mage so it's pretty cool.

Now for the shaman. As the game is getting progressivly harder, I have to kinda fall back with my units and setup a defensive position. I drop the healing totem and have my units form a defensive line. That healing totem increses armor by like 7 or maybe it's a percent, but whatever it is, it's insane. Plus it heals. Shaman unit is really cool. Think he should have a ranged attack though IMO.

The orc vetrans are really sick too. If the enemy counter attacks then he attacks again and those two attacks usually kill the entire stack. It's getting to the point though that I just can't run him in because he will take more losses then I can revive for.

I think I made a mistake with the spells. I decided to go for level 3 holy and get the lv 3 spellpower for magic light in the intent to make the res spell lv 3 to use as a back up. The thing is, it's not really a back up. I'm casting that damn spell like 4-6 times a battle just to make it so I don't lose any losses. This consists of using mana accelerator from my dragon a million times taking away from his dps.

I do have phantom, I will have to play around with that. I've only used it a few times on my mage. As for turn back time I didn't realize it would revive units. I just thought it would move a unit back to where he started. That's pretty freaking awesome. I haven't found it yet though. I have used target alot, it really helped.

I might try using the ranged units. I don't have any lol. What I really wanted to do was go strickly undead and play threw the game, but I don't see how you can pick just ONE race and play threw and have the units availiable + minimize your losses

How did the people in the high score list @ the end of the game do it? That's what I wanna know.
They do exactly what I just told you.

Believe me, of all people here, I've tried to make Assassins work well. Even with double damage, the real problem is they cannot be affected by buffs. This makes them terribly slow and prone to severe losses. (can't stone skin them, can't haste them).

In round one, you want to deal serious damage. The assassin cannot do that unless you waste teleport. If you want 'fragile' no-retaliation units, you are better off with Orc Veterans with proper buffs or the Girl Power team. (nothing like doing 20-30K damage in the first round, no retaliation).

I suppose I can re-look at it again, but pretty sure my other combinations were far stronger than the Assassin. e.g.. my Shrek build and Ranged builds.

Level 3 Holy Anger can be useful, especially if you have a summoner type of army.

Level 3 Magic Light is a waste. You only need Level 1 Magic Light. You are better off raising your intellect to get a better effect.

Phantom with Level 3 Summoner skill is MORE mana efficient than Resurrection. I never bother to learn Resurrection anymore, as a Mage or as a Warrior.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
They do exactly what I just told you.

Believe me, of all people here, I've tried to make Assassins work well. Even with double damage, the real problem is they cannot be affected by buffs. This makes them terribly slow and prone to severe losses. (can't stone skin them, can't haste them).

In round one, you want to deal serious damage. The assassin cannot do that unless you waste teleport. If you want 'fragile' no-retaliation units, you are better off with Orc Veterans with proper buffs or the Girl Power team. (nothing like doing 20-30K damage in the first round, no retaliation).

I suppose I can re-look at it again, but pretty sure my other combinations were far stronger than the Assassin. e.g.. my Shrek build and Ranged builds.

Level 3 Holy Anger can be useful, especially if you have a summoner type of army.

Level 3 Magic Light is a waste. You only need Level 1 Magic Light. You are better off raising your intellect to get a better effect.

Phantom with Level 3 Summoner skill is MORE mana efficient than Resurrection. I never bother to learn Resurrection anymore, as a Mage or as a Warrior.
Ya getting rez was a definite waste of runes. The assasin as well didn't pan out as good as I thought it was, MAINLY because your fighting so many different unit types all the time that his cumulative bonus just doesn't stack up enough times. Def a kick ass unit though. You can use the mana accelerator to give him extra action points/movement or get lucky with adrenaline talent.

What does the girl power team consist off?

After getting enough money I played around with undead and demon units and came up with the sickest combo with the dark night companion. What's dumb though is I couldn't get his dark power or whatever thing down to 0%. The lowest I got it to was 28% and I ran out of demons/undead to fight

This is the current composition I'm using and just destroying with:

Demonologists, cursed ghosts, black knights, demoness, and ancient vampries

Is absolutely insane and unstoppable. Seriously crazy crazy dps and non stop rezzing. Love it, the only thing is you have to be careful with the cursed ghosts because they can rez themselves back their leadership amount which can be a pain in the ass sometimes lol but you pretty much have 2 units that can never EVER die and then your black knights with stone skin can be teleported right in if you need it, I don't anymore due to lv 2 tactics, and then @ the end be rezzed with the demonologist.

Gotta say sick combo
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ya getting rez was a definite waste of runes. The assasin as well didn't pan out as good as I thought it was, MAINLY because your fighting so many different unit types all the time that his cumulative bonus just doesn't stack up enough times. Def a kick ass unit though. You can use the mana accelerator to give him extra action points/movement or get lucky with adrenaline talent.

What does the girl power team consist off?

After getting enough money I played around with undead and demon units and came up with the sickest combo with the dark night companion. What's dumb though is I couldn't get his dark power or whatever thing down to 0%. The lowest I got it to was 28% and I ran out of demons/undead to fight

This is the current composition I'm using and just destroying with:

Demonologists, cursed ghosts, black knights, demoness, and ancient vampries

Is absolutely insane and unstoppable. Seriously crazy crazy dps and non stop rezzing. Love it, the only thing is you have to be careful with the cursed ghosts because they can rez themselves back their leadership amount which can be a pain in the ass sometimes lol but you pretty much have 2 units that can never EVER die and then your black knights with stone skin can be teleported right in if you need it, I don't anymore due to lv 2 tactics, and then @ the end be rezzed with the demonologist.

Gotta say sick combo
Regarding "resurrection spell", you mean crystals, right?

Even if assassins had 100% on all units, they still wouldn't be that great. The Orc Veteran is a much better no-retaliation unit when used with Moldok.

There are different variants, but you need the Girl Set, and you go with Demonesses, Lake Fairies, Wood Fairies, Dryads, and paladins. I would probably swap out the Demonesses for something else though.

To lower the power faster, you cannot have any undead or demons in your army when you fight.

You might want to check the old info threads. I'm rehasing a lot of old info here.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10991

Undead armies are part of the "imbalanced" strategies. Mostly because you can use EvilN Spell (chaos tree) to resurrect the undead at much higher rates than any other spell in the game.

You can search for "imbalance" or "overpowered" strategies in either this forum or the Armored Princess forums. Most of the rules there apply here too. You'll even find the "100% critical shooter" army in there.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

If you really like no retal, try Royal Snakes. They are incredibly good. Compare their HP to their Leadership some time. They also have super high initiative and a great item that gives them even more. They don't backstab like Assassin's, but you can Stone Skin them, or Bless them, and their ability to strike from two tiles away lets you put your 'tank' in between afterwards.

Oh, and as for Warrior, you will have shorter and more brutal combats. Since your stacks should be ripping the enemy ones to pieces, high initiative, high movement units can do wonders, since they'll get to do their damage fast and early. Combine, of course, with Tactics to make sure the enemy doesn't survive the first turn well. A starting Fiery Phantoms in the fight goes great for this. Use spells that don't need high intellect, such as Blind, Slow, Target, Timeback, stoneskin and Phantom. (Phantom DOES use intellect, but your larger stack sizes off set this).

Last edited by Zechnophobe; 02-22-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
If you really like no retal, try Royal Snakes. They are incredibly good. Compare their HP to their Leadership some time. They also have super high initiative and a great item that gives them even more. They don't backstab like Assassin's, but you can Stone Skin them, or Bless them, and their ability to strike from two tiles away lets you put your 'tank' in between afterwards.

Oh, and as for Warrior, you will have shorter and more brutal combats. Since your stacks should be ripping the enemy ones to pieces, high initiative, high movement units can do wonders, since they'll get to do their damage fast and early. Combine, of course, with Tactics to make sure the enemy doesn't survive the first turn well. A starting Fiery Phantoms in the fight goes great for this. Use spells that don't need high intellect, such as Blind, Slow, Target, Timeback, stoneskin and Phantom. (Phantom DOES use intellect, but your larger stack sizes off set this).
Yeah, Royal Snakes are deadly little monsters. I was almost going to go for a "mega snake monster" build, but it seems very difficult to get two of those snake rings.

It almost seems like it is somewhat on par with the Girl Power.

Not to mention, I played this game waay too much. I better take a long break from it.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Ya I've played threw twice now and done everything and just started a third.

Talk about way too much time lol

Here is the last games record stats:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I still want to know, how the people on this high score list stuck with ONE ARMY type as in race of units. How were the units available so early and HOW did they replenish their loses??