Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKingsBounty92 View Post
I bought it off Gamer's Gate because I wanted to try a download..NEVER again. You only get so many activation keys and now I have to call them for more after 2 keys.
You do know that physical DVD versions can, and these days often do, have activation limits just like digital downloads?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
You do know that physical DVD versions can, and these days often do, have activation limits just like digital downloads?
I've never heard of activation limits on a store bought CD/DVD/BD. Care to name a few?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Bioshock, Mass Effect and Spore, for example.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Bioshock, Mass Effect and Spore, for example.
Don't have any of those, so it's of no concern to me. Furthermore, activation limits aren't that big of a deal as I have one PC that I use for all gaming. One pc = one install.
But this conversation is kind of moot as 1C, historically, drags their A$$ when releasing KB games on physical media.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Don't have any of those, so it's of no concern to me.
My point was that it has already been done in the past and may be done with other games in the future, which could potentially include KB:CW. In which case it would be of concern to you, no?

What I'm saying is, don't automatically assume that physical DVD copy = no activation limits.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What I'm saying is, don't automatically assume that physical DVD copy = no activation limits.
Precisely - retail version was published by Focus M. in UK:

http://www.focusmm.co.uk/shop/King-s...n-pr-1752.html

System Requirements
PC Operating System: Windows® XP / Vista / Windows® 7
PC CPU Type and Speed: Pentium® or equivalent, 2.6GHz or faster
Hard Drive Space (MB): 5.5GB
Memory: 1GB (2GB recommended)
Graphics: Nvidia® Geforce™ 6800/ATI® X1650™ or higher
Audio: Any DirectX® compatible sound card
Internet: Required for activation, updates and downloads

So, no buy for me
Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuio View Post
Internet: Required for activation, updates and downloads
Almost every game these days requires activation through the Internet. The real question is whether there are limitations to the number of times you can activate the game without having to contact the publisher, and if there is, does the system allow installations to be de-activated in case you want to play on a different computer.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Again, I only play on ONE computer. So activation limits are of no concern to me!
I just want a physical copy with: case, artwork, booklet, etc. My whole point of starting this thread was to (hopefully) impress upon 1c that there are gamers that enjoy having the actual media in their posession.
No big deal, if they want to drag their a$$ on a physical release...I've got Heroes 6, Diablo 3, and Dungeon Siege 3 on the immediate horizon.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

rickah88 where do you live? I'll try to find the release date for your territory.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
rickah88 where do you live? I'll try to find the release date for your territory.
In live in the US. I appreciate you answering my question, even if it took the length of AP and now CW. As I did with AP, I ordered CW of Amazon UK as they get it much earlier than Amazon in the States.
I understand downloading saves a good deal off operating costs, but even if you made an initial print run ½ the size(or less) of what digital sales do, I'm sure you'll find a market.
Most likely, 2 things would occur:
1) You'd sell through, and then have the option of another press run
2) You didn't sell all the way, and that would give you a good idea quantity-wise for KB2
Heck, I'm sure people that are big fans of the game and have already downloaded would splurge for a hard copy.
Just food for thought. Again, thank you for looking into the matter for me.