Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I'm waiting for the Platinum Version, which I hear will include all three games.
Me, too, but I will buy it only on disk - yes, I am one of those guys who likes having it on the shelves and will never buy software using online distribution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
The date is not decided yet, we'll mediately inform you when the official release date is announced.
Well, I've been waiting for the platinum edition for a long time now (over a year), so I guess I can wait another month or two - I guess the release should happen before Christmas shopping spree to maximize profits...

Last edited by Csimbi; 11-17-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
Me, too, but I will buy it only on disk - yes, I am one of those guys who likes having it on the shelves and will never buy software using online distribution...

I'm sure a few years down the road digitial downloading will fully take over, but for now it hasn't. I understand it costs money to package games up, ship, etc...but that is still your bigger market. To place that market on the backburner is not good business sense.

Well, I've been waiting for the platinum edition for a long time now (over a year), so I guess I can wait another month or two - I guess the release should happen before Christmas shopping spree to maximize profits...
At best the Platinum edition would be out Q1 of 2011. I haven't seen a sniff for even a pre-order on Amazon or Amazon UK. So my guess is somewhere around March/April/May...but with 1C always dragging their A$$, it's hard to tell. They're all "gung-ho" for the digital release(for all the fanboys that want to dissect the game to it's core) then basically remain null on a physical release(as note by Nike-it's non-informative comment).
Old 11-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
At best the Platinum edition would be out Q1 of 2011. I haven't seen a sniff for even a pre-order on Amazon or Amazon UK. So my guess is somewhere around March/April/May...but with 1C always dragging their A$$, it's hard to tell. They're all "gung-ho" for the digital release(for all the fanboys that want to dissect the game to it's core) then basically remain null on a physical release(as note by Nike-it's non-informative comment).
1C, judging by many of their other releases in the UK, have to find a distribution partner for their games. King's Bounty: The Legend, for example, was with Nobilis (I believe it moved to Focus after some time), Armored Princess was with Focus and so forth. Luckily (I suppose) for them, there's a few in the UK such as Focus and Mastertronic who seem to fill that role, but I *think* it's not really the case in the US.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Agreed, me too - I don't like Steam downloads. More so because I have been reading articles that not-factory burned DVDs have an estimated 10 or so years lifetime only... due to the organic paint material inside detoriating due to heat and humidity. So I'd rather have the original. I don't really often buy games, only the ones I REALLY like, and King's Bounty is high on that list. This year, I have only bought Dragon Age and War for Cybertron.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
not-factory burned DVDs
I think only "non-factory DVDs" are burnt. (hence the short lifetime). These are the ones that you burn yourself, or, buy with games/movies on the street for 1€, and hide it under the desk and throw away after 4-5 years or so.
"Factory DVDs" on the other hand are pressed (hence the long lifetime). These are the ones that you can proudly put on your shelf and admire for 50 years.

Last edited by Csimbi; 11-21-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

I dunno, I have some DVDs I burned (like, with important documents, etc...) that still work well after 7 or so years even. I think it matters how you store them.

Yes, pressed DVDs last for life, plus well, the boxes look better. I hope KB Platinum will come in a larger, cardboard box, not in the small plastic cases most games are sold these days. I liked the old, large boxes. Have both of my Baldur's Gate games (collector's editions) that way, as well as all the Might and Magic games.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think it matters how you store them.
Yes, very much. If I remember correctly, oxygen and sunlight are the most important factors.

Quote:
I hope KB Platinum will come in a larger, cardboard box, not in the small plastic cases most games are sold these days.
I purchased the collector's edition - great artwork on that one. I would not expect anything less on a platinum edition.
Quote:
Have both of my Baldur's Gate games (collector's editions) that way, as well as all the Might and Magic games.
Ditto. Plus other great titles.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Nike-it/Megakill,

As we are almost in 2011, any new updates concerning a DVD release?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Nike-it/Megakill,

As we are in 2011, any new updates concerning a DVD release?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I bought it off Gamer's Gate because I wanted to try a download..NEVER again. You only get so many activation keys and now I have to call them for more after 2 keys. I reformat at least once a year, usually twice a year.

No other problems with the package (no crashes or anything) but I don't like anyone having any control over the things I own or telling me how to use them..BS. I also like having the box and would like a little KB collection going. If it comes out on DVD I'll buy it again, especially a Platinum version.