Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

I use to use STEAM but in two case I got burned. Once I got a new system and the other time I did a rebuild on my HD. The first time I was done with the game anyways so didn't reinstall it, the second case I needed to finish game so tried to reinstall but got a STEAM message saying I could not install the game because it was already installed on another system. I wrote STEAM and was told that they did it this way intentionally and there was nothing they could do, if I wanted to finish the game I would have to buy it again.

STEAM: the paying customers greatest enemy and the hackers greatest friend.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Why do these publishers do something great, like King's Bounty TL with NO DRM and then turn around do something idiotic like infest their new game with limited activation nonsense that the pirates don't have to put up with.

They are actively encouraging people to pirate the game rather than buy it! It boggles my mind and it stops NO ONE from pirating if they want. I bought The Legend twice just to support the lack of DRM, once on Steam, once on gog.com. Lets get some gog.com releases of Crossworlds and the upcoming King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North, ok?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nareim View Post
I use to use STEAM but in two case I got burned. Once I got a new system and the other time I did a rebuild on my HD. The first time I was done with the game anyways so didn't reinstall it, the second case I needed to finish game so tried to reinstall but got a STEAM message saying I could not install the game because it was already installed on another system. I wrote STEAM and was told that they did it this way intentionally and there was nothing they could do, if I wanted to finish the game I would have to buy it again.

STEAM: the paying customers greatest enemy and the hackers greatest friend.
To be fair it is not Steam's fault, they don't set the policy the game publisher sets that policy. I have Steam installed on three of my computers, I have never had trouble once installing the same game on all three computers. The only thing you can't do is access the games on one account from two or more different computers at the same time.

Now if a publisher has an activation limit, which they shouldn't do but some insist, then that is your problem. Just contact the companies support. I have over 200 games on Steam, never had a single problem. I try to avoid buying any games that have ANY DRM besides Steamworks though. In fact I have been buying many more games on gog.com lately, as they are completely DRM free.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Same here, I've got Steam installed on more computers than I have fingers on both hands. The only caveat is that I must make sure to exit the steam (logoff) application if I want to use that steam account on one of my other computers.

So far, with over 140 steam games, and double that in retail bought games I've only ever had an issue with activations with Two Worlds, which eventually the forum moderators added more activations to my serial number for Two Worlds.

They really need to make these things better so that they wipe out your activations after xx amount of time so that it doesn't become a bother to paying consumers, else eventually people will tire of losing their purchases and just stop purchasing from those companies that give them the hassle, they'll simply buy games from other publishers. It's really just a matter of time. And while right now there seems to be an endless supply of new customers, it won't always be like that, and unfortunately it won't be until the endless supply starts to run dry that things change.