Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
The Proactive DRM from Starforce doesn't install anything on your PC. It is used only for online activation. It won't do any harm to your computer.
Does the Steam version have it?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
Does the Steam version have it?
No, Steam has it's own DRM system.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

How do I actually deactivate? Just for the record. I have Gamersgate version
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joasoz View Post
How do I actually deactivate? Just for the record. I have Gamersgate version
You can do it for example here: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/support/activation
Old 09-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You have 3 activations, not 3 installations. Before uninstalling you should deactivate you game and you will be able to install the game on another PC with this activation.
Are we also limited on the number of de-activations? According to what I've seen, we get 3 activations and 10 de-activations. That may seem like a lot but any restriction to the number of times I can install it on my own computer seems like a pretty bad idea to me.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmithjr View Post
Are we also limited on the number of de-activations? According to what I've seen, we get 3 activations and 10 de-activations. That may seem like a lot but any restriction to the number of times I can install it on my own computer seems like a pretty bad idea to me.
I'd also like an answer to this 10 de-activations seems a lot, and it will most likely take me a lot of time to run through them all (if in fact I do). But what happens if I do run out of de-activations? Do I contact 1C for more? What evidence do I need to supply to prove that I'm the owner of the game? Lastly will this DRM protection be patched out in the future.

As a creative person myself, I am all for you guys protecting your work. I just want to make sure I have a full understanding of what that protection involves.

Many thanks,

Raven
Old 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven-sb View Post
I'd also like an answer to this 10 de-activations seems a lot, and it will most likely take me a lot of time to run through them all (if in fact I do). But what happens if I do run out of de-activations? Do I contact 1C for more? What evidence do I need to supply to prove that I'm the owner of the game? Lastly will this DRM protection be patched out in the future.

As a creative person myself, I am all for you guys protecting your work. I just want to make sure I have a full understanding of what that protection involves.

Many thanks,

Raven
Well, if you really run out of the deactivation codes just contact our support, I'm sure sucj issue can be easily sloved.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, if you really run out of the deactivation codes just contact our support, I'm sure sucj issue can be easily sloved.
Thanks Nike-it. Just picked up the platanum pack from impluse. Never played a KB game before but I've heard very good things about the game series.

Cheers,

Raven
Old 10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven-sb View Post
Thanks Nike-it. Just picked up the platanum pack from impluse. Never played a KB game before but I've heard very good things about the game series.

Cheers,

Raven
Good choice, this game is really addictive
Old 10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

Could you explain this to me please.

We have 3 activations, but 10 deactivations?

I have never heard of a company that puts a limit on the number of times that a user can deactivate the product from their computer, why is this used?

I understand limiting activations to try to prevent the product from being installed on friends, and family members computers, but to limit the amount of times that one deactivates the product I don't really understand since it's already limited in activations.